Bullet Train in the U.S.

65rosessamurai

Something sparked in the back of my head about whether there were any High-speed trains running in the U.S.

Already, Japan has lead the way to the "Shinkansen", or the "Bullet Train". France has had one recently, and now even Taiwan has one and China is planning on developing a railway for a Bullet Train.

I did a quick Google search and found this in the Wikipedia:

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_the_United_States">High-speed rail in the U.S.</a>

Knowing that using a train in general will cut the CO2 emissions down, the use of a bullet train would also cut down all that added hassle of baggage checking, high security and the crowded airports.

Moreso to use this for personal travel, how about poking a finger into the U.S. Gov's side and ask them to hurry this technology up so the U.S. can be among those with a "Bullet Train"?

Hint: this would also help solve the question for generating a bunch of new jobs, don't you think?

65rosessamurai

Something sparked in the back of my head about whether there were any High-speed trains running in the U.S.

Already, Japan has lead the way to the "Shinkansen", or the "Bullet Train". France has had one recently, and now even Taiwan has one and China is planning on developing a railway for a Bullet Train.

<a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_the_United_States">High-speed rail in the U.S.</a>

Knowing that using a train in general will cut the CO2 emissions down, the use of a bullet train would also cut down all that added hassle of baggage checking, high security and the crowded airports.

Moreso to use this for personal travel, how about poking a finger into the U.S. Gov's side and ask them to hurry this technology up so the U.S. can be among those with a "Bullet Train"?

Hint: this would also help solve the question for generating a bunch of new jobs, don't you think?

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

65rosessamurai

<br />
<br />Already, Japan has lead the way to the "Shinkansen", or the "Bullet Train". France has had one recently, and now even Taiwan has one and China is planning on developing a railway for a Bullet Train.
<br />
<br />I did a quick Google search and found this in the Wikipedia:
<br />
<br /><a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-speed_rail_in_the_United_States">High-speed rail in the U.S.</a>
<br />
<br />Knowing that using a train in general will cut the CO2 emissions down, the use of a bullet train would also cut down all that added hassle of baggage checking, high security and the crowded airports.
<br />
<br />Moreso to use this for personal travel, how about poking a finger into the U.S. Gov's side and ask them to hurry this technology up so the U.S. can be among those with a "Bullet Train"?
<br />
<br />Hint: this would also help solve the question for generating a bunch of new jobs, don't you think?

tabbycat821

actually there are already some plans in the works for these trains. I read a few weeks ago in a paper in Dayton that the tracks will go across the country including part of the line going through Dayton. I can't remember much else about the article but I do remember that.

tabbycat821

actually there are already some plans in the works for these trains. I read a few weeks ago in a paper in Dayton that the tracks will go across the country including part of the line going through Dayton. I can't remember much else about the article but I do remember that.

tabbycat821

tabbycat821

tabbycat821