California Coverage

Lance2020x

Hello everyone, I brought up this topic a few years ago because I was considering relocating from TN to CA and I wanted to see my options.
Now some circumstances have changed in Tennessee and I've been offered a place in N. California if I decide to relocate, so I want to know if there is any new news about healthcare for CF'ers in California.

I heard a few years ago that for CF patients it was a full coverage state (what ever that means...). Are there any suggestions or options for anyone I should contact or does anyone here know details?

Lance2020x

Hello everyone, I brought up this topic a few years ago because I was considering relocating from TN to CA and I wanted to see my options.
Now some circumstances have changed in Tennessee and I've been offered a place in N. California if I decide to relocate, so I want to know if there is any new news about healthcare for CF'ers in California.

I heard a few years ago that for CF patients it was a full coverage state (what ever that means...). Are there any suggestions or options for anyone I should contact or does anyone here know details?

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

Lance2020x

<br />Now some circumstances have changed in Tennessee and I've been offered a place in N. California if I decide to relocate, so I want to know if there is any new news about healthcare for CF'ers in California.
<br />
<br />I heard a few years ago that for CF patients it was a full coverage state (what ever that means...). Are there any suggestions or options for anyone I should contact or does anyone here know details?

Ann1953sj

My son will be off my insurance when he turns 24 this month. He applied to the GHPP (Genetically Handicapped Persons Program) and I'm hoping he's approved soon!!! You might want to google GHPP. From what I understand if you are approved for it, all medical is covered, not just CF related issues.

Ann1953sj

My son will be off my insurance when he turns 24 this month. He applied to the GHPP (Genetically Handicapped Persons Program) and I'm hoping he's approved soon!!! You might want to google GHPP. From what I understand if you are approved for it, all medical is covered, not just CF related issues.

Ann1953sj

Ann1953sj

Ann1953sj

jtbyers45

Hi Blake,

I just wanted to give you a heads up on GHPP. I had it for 4 years and it was like pulling teeth to get them to pay the bills, especially as CA has gone more in the hole financially. Trying to talk to someone who can help you or call you back is almost impossible. I had several bills go to collections because GHPP was not paying them, even though I followed their rules.

You will also have to pay a fee upfront depending on how much your household makes. In the beginning I had to wait a year, because they considered my roommates as household income, until I lived on my own.

I hope that you have a better time with it.

jtbyers45

Hi Blake,

I just wanted to give you a heads up on GHPP. I had it for 4 years and it was like pulling teeth to get them to pay the bills, especially as CA has gone more in the hole financially. Trying to talk to someone who can help you or call you back is almost impossible. I had several bills go to collections because GHPP was not paying them, even though I followed their rules.

You will also have to pay a fee upfront depending on how much your household makes. In the beginning I had to wait a year, because they considered my roommates as household income, until I lived on my own.

jtbyers45

Hi Blake,

jtbyers45

Hi Blake,

jtbyers45

Hi Blake,
<br />
<br />I just wanted to give you a heads up on GHPP. I had it for 4 years and it was like pulling teeth to get them to pay the bills, especially as CA has gone more in the hole financially. Trying to talk to someone who can help you or call you back is almost impossible. I had several bills go to collections because GHPP was not paying them, even though I followed their rules.
<br />
<br />You will also have to pay a fee upfront depending on how much your household makes. In the beginning I had to wait a year, because they considered my roommates as household income, until I lived on my own.
<br />
<br />I hope that you have a better time with it.