Californians: GHPP and Dental

erock77

I have GHPP only, and they say they cover dental here: http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/ghpp/Pages/GHPPProviders.aspx
But they need a CGP number, I talked to a few and nobody knew what I was talking about. I called 1-800-Dentist who hooked me up with Western Dental, who seem the go-to for CA insurance. They get crap reviews on Yelp though, so I'm hesitant. Anyway, I'm wondering if there's another way to find a GHPP-friendly dentist, and how much is covered.
Any San Diego recommendations would be welcome, but not expected from this board.
Thanks ya'll!

W

welshwitch

Stay away from Western Dental! I went once by accident (I was confused about my insurance) and it was a nightmare!!!!

Lance2020x

Oh my heck I went to Western Dental here in Northern Cali and it's AWFUL.

I didn't know GHPP had dental, this is great news for me, but I don't have any recommendations for better places....
However with Covered California coming into effect I tried to apply for Medical again and it worked. Though that may change once I start my new job in a few weeks.

I'd love to hear any updates you get and I'll post here if I find anything new as well.... you discovering GHPP covers dental is super good news.