Can smell the bacteria......

JustDucky

I know there are others out there who experience this....of late, I have been able to "smell" the bacteria in my lungs. I often wonder if anyone who is near me can smell what I smell and am sometimes a bit self conscious about it.. There really isn't anything I can do to hide it short of bathing myslef with perfumes.. I pretty much just carry on with my life, but I still think about it. HOw about you guys?

JustDucky

I know there are others out there who experience this....of late, I have been able to "smell" the bacteria in my lungs. I often wonder if anyone who is near me can smell what I smell and am sometimes a bit self conscious about it.. There really isn't anything I can do to hide it short of bathing myslef with perfumes.. I pretty much just carry on with my life, but I still think about it. HOw about you guys?

robert321

I know what you are talking about. I will get the worst breath from time to time when I'm junky or something "old" breaks loose and no amount of brushing your teeth or mouthwash does much good. I don't have a solution though other than chewing gum to try and cover it up

robert321

I know what you are talking about. I will get the worst breath from time to time when I'm junky or something "old" breaks loose and no amount of brushing your teeth or mouthwash does much good. I don't have a solution though other than chewing gum to try and cover it up

D

Deb

I can smell it in my sinuses but not from my lungs. when I get my sinuses cleaned out she pulls out large chunks of infected mucus that smell horrible.

D

Deb

I can smell it in my sinuses but not from my lungs. when I get my sinuses cleaned out she pulls out large chunks of infected mucus that smell horrible.

JustDucky

You're right, no amount of mouthwash etc covers it up.....I hate getting too close to people, especially when speaking etc because it just seems so potent at times, especially when it is close to cleanout time. It's probably not as bad as it seems to me, but still....I am sure it does smell some.. My daughter can smell me from across the room, she has a very keen sense of smell, and sometimes she picks out the worst times to inform me of that.. One time, I was in a crowded gift shop and she happened to be near me, she decided to inform me that I stink and not too quietly. She is not a young child, she is an adult so she should have been a little more discrete...I think my son wanted to smack her lol.....It's not like it is something I can control, which bothers me as well.

Jenn 40 wCF

JustDucky

You're right, no amount of mouthwash etc covers it up.....I hate getting too close to people, especially when speaking etc because it just seems so potent at times, especially when it is close to cleanout time. It's probably not as bad as it seems to me, but still....I am sure it does smell some.. My daughter can smell me from across the room, she has a very keen sense of smell, and sometimes she picks out the worst times to inform me of that.. One time, I was in a crowded gift shop and she happened to be near me, she decided to inform me that I stink and not too quietly. She is not a young child, she is an adult so she should have been a little more discrete...I think my son wanted to smack her lol.....It's not like it is something I can control, which bothers me as well.

Jenn 40 wCF

Havoc

Pseudomonas has a very distinct smell. I can smell it the strongest when I have an active sinus infection.

Havoc

Pseudomonas has a very distinct smell. I can smell it the strongest when I have an active sinus infection.

Incomudrox

I've posted this question to people in the hospital when I used to get really bad. They said they couldn't smell it on me, but others they can REALLY tell.

Incomudrox

I've posted this question to people in the hospital when I used to get really bad. They said they couldn't smell it on me, but others they can REALLY tell.

musclemania70

I can defintely taste a horrible fish taste when i have an infection. I chew gum -especially cinnamon seems to work well. But for me, is another indicator I am fighting a big infection.
YUCKY

musclemania70

I can defintely taste a horrible fish taste when i have an infection. I chew gum -especially cinnamon seems to work well. But for me, is another indicator I am fighting a big infection.
YUCKY

T

TonyaH

I can tell when Andrew is growing more pseudomonas or aspergillus. Each have their own unique smell. Mycobacterium abcessus, not as much. I just told him the other day I think his pseudo is starting to party again. I can smell it when we are close to one another.

T

TonyaH

I can tell when Andrew is growing more pseudomonas or aspergillus. Each have their own unique smell. Mycobacterium abcessus, not as much. I just told him the other day I think his pseudo is starting to party again. I can smell it when we are close to one another.

kaphi72

I can also smell it when I become more infected, the smell really is awful! My smell does come from my sinuses, I wash them twice a day and it helps a lot.

kaphi72

I can also smell it when I become more infected, the smell really is awful! My smell does come from my sinuses, I wash them twice a day and it helps a lot.