Can testosterone cream still deepen my voice?

Enzo2311

So I'm gonna ask my dr about this. Will it deepen my voice and make muscle gain much easier even though it's a cream instead of an injection?

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
My first experiments with testosterone repeated the discovery of how testosterone affects animals. We took newborn chickens, chicks, and simply made half roosters or males by injecting them with testosterone for a few weeks. It is potent stuff that will turn a woman's outward appearances male. Transgendered men take roughly the natural amount of testosterone found in a man. Once the testosterone is in the bloodstream a beard and male body hair appears, muscle tone becomes masculine and the voice deepens. They also develop heart disease and go bald if they have the genes.

The short answer is probably. If your voice is unusually high, the probability is good your voice will drop significantly. If your voice has already dropped your hopes of sounding like James Brown aren't going to happen.

LL

Enzo2311

My first experiments with testosterone repeated the discovery of how testosterone affects animals. We took newborn chickens, chicks, and simply made half roosters or males by injecting them with testosterone for a few weeks. It is potent stuff that will turn a woman's outward appearances male. Transgendered men take roughly the natural amount of testosterone found in a man. Once the testosterone is in the bloodstream a beard and male body hair appears, muscle tone becomes masculine and the voice deepens. They also develop heart disease and go bald if they have the genes.

The short answer is probably. If your voice is unusually high, the probability is good your voice will drop significantly. If your voice has already dropped your hopes of sounding like James Brown aren't going to happen.

LL

what about testosterone creams?

LittleLab4CF

Super Moderator
Yah, I don't know of a testosterone cream. I checked the internet searching for "testosterone cream" and I didn't find a prescription testosterone cream. What is being sold as non prescription testosterone cream is all DHEA in an transdermal delivery. I could be wrong, what is the exact name of the product or medicine?

If it turns out the product IS DHEA, and not testosterone it's still going to be converted by the liver into testosterone but there is no good reason to spend the extra money on a DHEA cream when capsules work just as well. I hate to say it but it looks like a scam. At least this is what I found. Testosterone gels or Testim a clear cream more resembling an ointment are the only topical testosterone available in America. All testosterone is prescription!

Having said that, DHEA and DHA in the supplement's recommended quantities will boost your testosterone levels just as effectively as testosterone. If you consider why testosterone is a prescription medicine the idea of circumventing your doctor's involvement is a bad idea. As long as you have yourself monitored, taking DHEA/DHA properly will top off your testosterone. It will be exactly the same in end effect to taking testosterone.

The short answer requires me to know the exact name of the product you are considering. It might be similar to other topical testosterone medicines or it may be cleverly disguised DHEA. Even if you discover on closer inspection it is a DHEA cream please name the product. Someone who's hoping to capitalize on the confusion created around testosterone products is hard at work having found half a dozen fake testosterone creams, actually DHEA in a cream smacks of deliberate deception.

LL