cardio and ambient temperature

ladybug

Hi,

Just curious if anyone else notices a HUGE difference in the amount of cardio you can do directly correlated with the temperature you are working out in? For example, our gym is sometimes above 80 degrees when a lot of people are working out and I notice I can barely push out half of my normal run and my HR shoots up to nearly 180 or above! When the gym is cooler (like mid 70's), I can make a longer run and my HR only gets to around 170-175 at most. What gives? Does anyone else notice such effects? (Even for those who run outside, does it matter how hot, cold, humid, windy, etc. it is?)

Thanks,

EnergyGal

I just think when working out in warmer tempertures it is stressful for the body. A nice temp is always more conducive to working out. I would insist they turn up the AC if you are paying a membership.

ladybug

The temp is actually set at around 74, but there are so many body builders and the cardio machines are packed and I just think it can't keep up. We're changing gyms when our membership is up because I've never been so uncomfortable in a gym. I would think if they had a DECENT AC, it would still be able to keep it in the 70's.

EnergyGal

the more people the hotter the room no matter how great the AC is. Good luck. I rather have my own exercise equipment.