Careers

static

I was just curious as to what careers you guys have. The only jobs I really had was when I was a teenager to help pay for car insurance and that was when I had a 99% above lung function. Then I worked as a lifeguard/soccer ref.

Now I have a few years of college under my belt but I am still not sure what I can actually do. I don't want to go on social security under absolutely necessary.

Working from home seems like my best option (at least then I can still work when I'm not feeling so well) but I don't see many job options for that in my area. What do you/have you done?

static

I was just curious as to what careers you guys have. The only jobs I really had was when I was a teenager to help pay for car insurance and that was when I had a 99% above lung function. Then I worked as a lifeguard/soccer ref.

Now I have a few years of college under my belt but I am still not sure what I can actually do. I don't want to go on social security under absolutely necessary.

Working from home seems like my best option (at least then I can still work when I'm not feeling so well) but I don't see many job options for that in my area. What do you/have you done?

static

static

static

<br />
<br />Now I have a few years of college under my belt but I am still not sure what I can actually do. I don't want to go on social security under absolutely necessary.
<br />
<br />Working from home seems like my best option (at least then I can still work when I'm not feeling so well) but I don't see many job options for that in my area. What do you/have you done?

tesorotiffa

I got a degree in Chemistry and am currently an inorganic analyst at an Environmental Lab. Don't know that this will be my career since I'm applying to law school this year.

tesorotiffa

I got a degree in Chemistry and am currently an inorganic analyst at an Environmental Lab. Don't know that this will be my career since I'm applying to law school this year.

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

tesorotiffa

katedids74

What is your lung function now? I am a clinical dietitian and have worked in hospitals and nursing homes. I now work specifically with diabetes patients going on insulin pumps. I LOVE IT!! Many with CF hold wonderful careers, dont limit yourself.

katedids74

What is your lung function now? I am a clinical dietitian and have worked in hospitals and nursing homes. I now work specifically with diabetes patients going on insulin pumps. I LOVE IT!! Many with CF hold wonderful careers, dont limit yourself.

katedids74

katedids74

katedids74

A

alegris

I have a degree in Food Chemistry and work as a chemist. I think the most important thing about your career is finding a great company to work for. I work 35 hours per week which is considered full time and we have unlimited sick days and days for appointments. If I ever need extended time off, they set me up with a laptop and I do what I can from home. For me, just the act of getting out of the house to have a career is very important. I tend to feel worse when lying around the house and I swear I would be alot sicker if I didn't keep my energy level up with my career. I agree with Kerry, don't limit yourself. Never let CF stand in the way of what you want to do. Good luck with whatever you decide!

A

alegris

I have a degree in Food Chemistry and work as a chemist. I think the most important thing about your career is finding a great company to work for. I work 35 hours per week which is considered full time and we have unlimited sick days and days for appointments. If I ever need extended time off, they set me up with a laptop and I do what I can from home. For me, just the act of getting out of the house to have a career is very important. I tend to feel worse when lying around the house and I swear I would be alot sicker if I didn't keep my energy level up with my career. I agree with Kerry, don't limit yourself. Never let CF stand in the way of what you want to do. Good luck with whatever you decide!

A

alegris

A

alegris

A

alegris