Category Introduction

Taylor

Dear Forum Users,My name is Dr. Taylor Lee and am excited to have this opportunity to help you find answers to your questions. I am currently a practicing clinician and have over ten years of fitness experience working with various special populations. My clinical knowledge coupled with fitness experience will guide me in addressing this forum category. Please feel free to post specific questions related to exercise and fitness. We are offering this service in response to the growing demand for knowledge relevant to the specific fitness and exercise needs of inidividuals with cystic fibrosis. I will be monitoring this category and addressing as many questions as possible. Please understand that the information I will provide is based on my personal knowledge and experince. Enjoy!Sincerely,Taylor Lee, DPT and staffMedrise

anonymous

Dr. Lee,I'm not sure if this question is appropriate but I'll ask anyway can you recommend a good brand of treadmill?Thanks, Kathy

anonymous

Kathy,Thank you for visiting cysticfibrosis.com and posting your question.My wife and I just purchased an elliptical machine from a fitness equipment store after much shopping around. We decided to go with a more expensive unit for its warranty and quality of construction. The store was also promoting a no interest for 6 months financing option, which made the unit look even more enticing. There are many different types of treadmills ranging in quality and price. They can range from about $300 to $5000 depending on brand. Before making this decision, you should take into consideration how often the machine will be utilized. If you intend to use the treadmill 3-5 times a week, it may be in your best interest to purchase a more expensive unit. These usually come with long-term warrenties and dependable componentry (thus the $$$). If you've set a smaller budget amount and/or space is limited, you should be able to find a less expensive unit at your local sports store.I recommend the following brands (these are more expensive units with comprehensive warrenties):1. Landice2. Life Fitness3. Sports Art FitnessOther recommended brands (these are less money with limited warrenties):1. Proform2. Nautilus3. ReebokI hope this assists in your search for a treadmill, which fits your exercise needs and is within your set budget.Good luck!Best Regards,Dr. Lee