Cayston- new Altera handset every cycle?

amber682

My kids have both started Cayston over the last few months. Every time a new supply of Cayston is shipped, it comes with a new Altera handset. Am I supposed to use a new one every cycle? The old one still works perfectly, it seems so wasteful. Do you use a new one every cycle?

bigstar

Im starting Cayston tomorrow! I've read the leaflet and it says Altera can last up to 3 Cayston cycles. Im having the same question. It seems such a waste to throw away Altera device once a month!

amber682

Yay! It was such a relief for the kids to switch from tobi to cayston, 20+ minutes vs. 2-3 minutes. I guess I'll use each for three cycles or until it starts taking longer than 3 minutes. I'm going to have a lot of back-ups!

R

RytheStunner

I wish they would do the same thing with the Trio handset. I use both the Altera and the Trio for different medications. While they sent me a new Altera handset with every cycle, they NEVER send a new Trio handset and in order to replace it, it costs around $150.

D

djraitz94

I've been on Cayston for about the past six to eight months, on and off. We keep every neb since I have to do it three times a day, we wash them all and sterilize them with each use, the more we collect the easier it is on us (my mom and I) because it means I can go that much longer without washing them. Perfect for weekends at the beach or busy weeks where we both don't have time to clean them.

Liza

We date each new set that comes in. My daughter uses three of them for each months cycle so that she only has to sterilize once a day. She rinses/washes them out and sets them on the drying rack then in the evening before bed sets them in the sterilizer and turns it on. On month 4, she disposes of the oldest set. We do keep one set at our house (she's married now) so she's always got an extra incase it's forgotten. Actually, we have everything duplicated at our house for visits, Nebs, machine, & percussor, which makes packing for a weekend visit easier for her. On trips, when you aren't really going to lug around a baby bottle sterilizer, I taught her to boil a cup of water in the micro and place the pieces (depending on the size of the container she used to boil the water) in the boiled water.