Cayston users,*Updated

mamaScarlett

I'm going to start Cayston in the coming week. For you users I have a few questions-
When do you take the med-what schedule are you on...

I have a few things I'm wondering about cleaning the neb also. I've seen the video and read all the instructions. I have my nuk, and tupperware.
I have a 3 day convention event coming up. I will not be able to be in a 'sterile' environment when I do my mid day dose. For those 3 days, do I HAVE to sterilize the unit right after my doses...Basically if I do a dose at my noon lunchbreak, I won't be able to sterilize until about 4 pm. I can wash them out in the sink and seal them up, but thats it. I won't have access to my sterilizer for a couple hours.
Is this even possible or is there no way out here...I have to prepare for situations like this to come up from time to time.
What do you or would you do on days where you are interupted like this..
Thanks alot!

*updated below...

mamaScarlett

I'm going to start Cayston in the coming week. For you users I have a few questions-

I have a few things I'm wondering about cleaning the neb also. I've seen the video and read all the instructions. I have my nuk, and tupperware.
I have a 3 day convention event coming up. I will not be able to be in a 'sterile' environment when I do my mid day dose. For those 3 days, do I HAVE to sterilize the unit right after my doses...Basically if I do a dose at my noon lunchbreak, I won't be able to sterilize until about 4 pm. I can wash them out in the sink and seal them up, but thats it. I won't have access to my sterilizer for a couple hours.
Is this even possible or is there no way out here...I have to prepare for situations like this to come up from time to time.
Thanks alot!

*updated below...

mamaScarlett

Thanks alot!

*updated below...

mamaScarlett

Thanks alot!

*updated below...

mamaScarlett

<br />When do you take the med-what schedule are you on...
<br />
<br />I have a few things I'm wondering about cleaning the neb also. I've seen the video and read all the instructions. I have my nuk, and tupperware.
<br />I have a 3 day convention event coming up. I will not be able to be in a 'sterile' environment when I do my mid day dose. For those 3 days, do I HAVE to sterilize the unit right after my doses...Basically if I do a dose at my noon lunchbreak, I won't be able to sterilize until about 4 pm. I can wash them out in the sink and seal them up, but thats it. I won't have access to my sterilizer for a couple hours.
<br />Is this even possible or is there no way out here...I have to prepare for situations like this to come up from time to time.
<br />What do you or would you do on days where you are interupted like this..
<br />Thanks alot!
<br />
<br />*updated below...

Skye

Cayston users,

The best solution would be to use a spare e-flow. Did they send you one? My pharmacy sent me two. I have opted to continue to do what was done with the study. I use the respiratory control solution for about 10 minutes and then rinse with sterile water and soak the head in alcohol. This is IMHO much easier than worrying about a huge bottle sterilizer that I have to keep clean. You could easily have a sealed bowl of cleaning solution and a sealed bowl of sterile water to get you through that mid-day treatment.

liz26ny

Cayston users,

I have been in the same situation where I had to do my afternoon Cayston treatment while I was out, and wasn't able to sterilize immediately. When that happened I just put the neb in a zip-lock bag until I got home and was able to sterilize. I never had a problem doing it this way and didn't notice any difference in treatment time if I didn't sterilize right away.

Skye

Cayston users,

The best solution would be to use a spare e-flow. Did they send you one? My pharmacy sent me two. I have opted to continue to do what was done with the study. I use the respiratory control solution for about 10 minutes and then rinse with sterile water and soak the head in alcohol. This is IMHO much easier than worrying about a huge bottle sterilizer that I have to keep clean. You could easily have a sealed bowl of cleaning solution and a sealed bowl of sterile water to get you through that mid-day treatment.

liz26ny

Cayston users,

I have been in the same situation where I had to do my afternoon Cayston treatment while I was out, and wasn't able to sterilize immediately. When that happened I just put the neb in a zip-lock bag until I got home and was able to sterilize. I never had a problem doing it this way and didn't notice any difference in treatment time if I didn't sterilize right away.

Skye

Cayston users,

liz26ny

Cayston users,

Skye

Cayston users,

liz26ny

Cayston users,

Skye

Cayston users,

liz26ny

Cayston users,

Skye

Cayston users,

forgot to mention.....I would definitely put the head at least in alcohol because waiting does tend to clog it.

Skye

Cayston users,

forgot to mention.....I would definitely put the head at least in alcohol because waiting does tend to clog it.

Skye

Cayston users,

Skye

Cayston users,

Skye

Cayston users,