Cayston!

A

Alyssaaaaxo

I was wondering if anyone has used a full dosage (month) of Cayston and how it worked out for you. I just started it yesterday and I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback from research studies but I was wondering if anyone on here has tried it?

A

Alyssaaaaxo

I was wondering if anyone has used a full dosage (month) of Cayston and how it worked out for you. I just started it yesterday and I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback from research studies but I was wondering if anyone on here has tried it?

A

Alyssaaaaxo

Jeana

Yep! It virtually eliminated my PA during the study, to where I had to get off of the study, since I had two PA-free cultures. I have used it since it came out on the market and it has decreased my population of PA according to my doc.

Jeana

Yep! It virtually eliminated my PA during the study, to where I had to get off of the study, since I had two PA-free cultures. I have used it since it came out on the market and it has decreased my population of PA according to my doc.

Jeana

AimeeSue82

I still culture PA, so I haven't quite had the results Jeana has, but mine have still been great. I used to be have to be admitted to the hosp every 3 months- like clockwork. Once I started the Cayston, I managed to go 6 months with no hospital stay! I use it every other month, alternating with TOBI. I think it's great!

~Aimee, 28, CF w/ PA & MRSA

AimeeSue82

I still culture PA, so I haven't quite had the results Jeana has, but mine have still been great. I used to be have to be admitted to the hosp every 3 months- like clockwork. Once I started the Cayston, I managed to go 6 months with no hospital stay! I use it every other month, alternating with TOBI. I think it's great!

~Aimee, 28, CF w/ PA & MRSA

AimeeSue82

<br />
<br />~Aimee, 28, CF w/ PA & MRSA

BaylorCrew07

I have been on about 3 or 4 rounds of Cayston so far. I like it better than TOBI since it doesn't take nearly as long to neb, which is awesome.

I did experience some negative side effects at first -- stomach issues & loss of appetite(maybe not related? idk), shortness of breath, loss of voice, etc.

Recently I have not had any side effects, so I'm still using it every other month. I don't feel any better on it, but I don't feel worse either, so I guess it's all good. My lung function has gone down since starting Cayston, but no way of knowing if it's just normal CF progression or due to something else. Good luck; hope you like it!!

BaylorCrew07

I have been on about 3 or 4 rounds of Cayston so far. I like it better than TOBI since it doesn't take nearly as long to neb, which is awesome.

I did experience some negative side effects at first -- stomach issues & loss of appetite(maybe not related? idk), shortness of breath, loss of voice, etc.

Recently I have not had any side effects, so I'm still using it every other month. I don't feel any better on it, but I don't feel worse either, so I guess it's all good. My lung function has gone down since starting Cayston, but no way of knowing if it's just normal CF progression or due to something else. Good luck; hope you like it!!

BaylorCrew07

<br />
<br />I did experience some negative side effects at first -- stomach issues & loss of appetite(maybe not related? idk), shortness of breath, loss of voice, etc.
<br />
<br />Recently I have not had any side effects, so I'm still using it every other month. I don't feel any better on it, but I don't feel worse either, so I guess it's all good. My lung function has gone down since starting Cayston, but no way of knowing if it's just normal CF progression or due to something else. Good luck; hope you like it!!

sunshine5637

I've done one round of Cayston and I LOVED it!! My PFT numbers were higher than they had been in years. I start it back next week and cannot wait! I had to take it to work with me to do during my lunch hour, but it takes like 2 minutes and I felt so much better, I didn't mind.

I didn't remember having any side effects, but, when I started it I had been sick so my loss of appetite could have been Cayston. Didn't think about it until I saw Baylor's post about loss of appetite.

sunshine5637

I've done one round of Cayston and I LOVED it!! My PFT numbers were higher than they had been in years. I start it back next week and cannot wait! I had to take it to work with me to do during my lunch hour, but it takes like 2 minutes and I felt so much better, I didn't mind.

I didn't remember having any side effects, but, when I started it I had been sick so my loss of appetite could have been Cayston. Didn't think about it until I saw Baylor's post about loss of appetite.

sunshine5637

<br />
<br />I didn't remember having any side effects, but, when I started it I had been sick so my loss of appetite could have been Cayston. Didn't think about it until I saw Baylor's post about loss of appetite.

Chrissyb

i Cayston!

yes i have been on cayston and i love alot im 34 with cf i think that it is the best thaink that they have made out for us

Chrissyb

i Cayston!

yes i have been on cayston and i love alot im 34 with cf i think that it is the best thaink that they have made out for us

Chrissyb

i Cayston!

Giggles

i Cayston!

I have been on for several plus months now and at first I thought it was MAGIC, I felt so great the first two rounds. But now just feel just good and/or normal. I did however just go through an extreme drop of my PFT lowest in like forever and so the Cayston did NOT ward off any major sickness. But I like it better than Tobi which I was on FOREVER so I like the change up. Did not raise PFT's or eliminate Pseudo. Just seems to keep me feeling good but nothing extreme.

Giggles

i Cayston!

I have been on for several plus months now and at first I thought it was MAGIC, I felt so great the first two rounds. But now just feel just good and/or normal. I did however just go through an extreme drop of my PFT lowest in like forever and so the Cayston did NOT ward off any major sickness. But I like it better than Tobi which I was on FOREVER so I like the change up. Did not raise PFT's or eliminate Pseudo. Just seems to keep me feeling good but nothing extreme.