Cayston's Horrible Packaging

DjFunkyFife

View attachment 547

I've never liked cayston's packaging, but this is new, and seems to be worse than ever! they give no email address on their website, i'm not going to call them, and i'm also not going to send them a letter through snail mail. I just wanted to rant!!

If anyone has any special connections to the cayston people, feel free to show them this. Tell them that i didnt throw those first five away, but that i'm gonna hafta go buy a tiny pair of needle-nose pliers before i can open them! (slightly joking, but not really)
And you only hafta make the mistake once (or in my case, like... 5 times) of using a knife to pry those dumb things open, before realizing that's NOT a good option.

(i also did two more after this, with the same result as the first 5) :mad:

T

ToriMom

AGREE!! The new blue caps this month are a real pain to open. I figured I was just messing it up somehow.

michelle

T

ToriMom

Which is the "correct" side? The one attached to the metal all the way down?
I could use some tips.
Thanks

scanboyd

It has a raised edge about 3/8 inch. long, run your fingers around the top outside edge. There is writeing saying "flip up" on top. Where it is written flip up, that is where you flip up and peel back a little rocking side to side and pull off.

H

hammerpocket

Oh, no! This is back to the original packaging used during the trials. There is even an old thread where someone was complaining about the Cayston vials and several of us chimed in that "at least it's not as bad as the trial packaging." I guess I'll be putting pliers by the meds area again.

D

Deb

I agree. Definitely NOT an improvement. As a lefty I had several of the same bottles that I couldn't open without a tool. I discovered that they are made to go to the right and not the left. If you consciously peel to the right it works much better.

T

ToriMom

I am having an easier time after trying Scanboyd's tips...I could not see the writing on the top because I need glasses.
Thank you !
Michelle

scanboyd

If you look straight down on the top you can see the raised edge to flip up. I have not had any problems. Good luck.