Celebrating 11 years breathing with double-lung transplant

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
Hello friends!

Another anniversary in the books today! I am officially in my second year of the double digits! I typed up a timeline of my journey on my blog.

SMALL EXCERPT:

I am twelve years old when I lose my hearing from ototoxic medication. Over a period of one year, suddenly I am deaf. I am forced to lip read, watch closed captioning, and learn basic sign language. I’m not included in conversations, I can’t speak on the telephone, and I cannot hear the one thing I love most- music. I am also diagnosed with cystic fibrosis related diabetes.
Watching TV makes me happy.

2005I am thirteen years old when I am added to the United Network for Organ Sharinglung transplant waiting list. I’m wearing oxygen twenty-four seven. I can barely walk across a small room without gasping for air. I am sleeping in a sitting position to avoid coughing every night. I am attached to I.V. medications, I swallow a handful of anti-bitoics and vitamins every day. I am suffering. I am strong, but I am tired. (Matthew 11:28) I have never prayed before, but I am desperate. I ask God to send me Home.Jesse McCartney makes me happy.

Jesse McCartney makes me happy.

I am fifteen years old when I receive a double lung transplant on March thirteenth two-thousand-seven. Recovery is the most difficult experience of my life. Despite making it this far, I still want to give up. My kidneys are failing immediately afterwards and I am at the hospital three days a week for three hours of dialysis. Four months after my lung transplant I receive a kidney from my mother. I am diagnosed with PTLD seven months after my lung transplant. I am able to bypass chemo therapy after adjusting medications.
My dad makes me happy.

To read the remainder of this post visit my website - A Creative Newmie

Last edited: