CF and Arthritis...

anonymous

My little boy was just diagnosed with Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis on top of his Cystic Fibrosis. Do nay of your children suffer from arthritis and what is the treatment?Posted by Charleyann on February 27, 2003 at 17:50:11NOTE: this message has been transfered from the old CysticFibrosis.com forums.

anonymous

Hi Charleyann,I am 29 and have had the CF related arthritis since I was about 9. Unfortunately, mine has progressed since then. I dont have any bone damage......which is good so it doesnt seem to affect that, but the symptoms are the same and it can be very painful when there is a "flare up". When I was young I just took an over the counter ibuprofen...something with naprosyn in it. As I got older I had to resort to prescription......celebrex which worked well for about 2 yrs. Now at 29, steroids seem to be the only thing to help because they are an anti-inflammatory drug. My flare ups come quite often now...for a long time I was on steroids daily just to keep it away. It is most common in girls, but they are some boys with it too. My brother also has it, although his isnt quite as progressed or as painful as mine....I'm glad....I wouldnt want this pain for anyone. How old is your son? I hope some of this info helps you. Feel free to ask more questions....I'll answer what I can! Take care! Posted by Dea on February 28, 2003 at 07:40:13NOTE: this message has been transfered from the old CysticFibrosis.com forums.