CF bodybuilder James Boudreau

Twistofchaos

Marc Lobliner is a pro bodybuilder that has a youtube channel and is one of many training channels that I'm subscribed to.

To my surprise he mentions from time to time that his young daughter has a friend with CF and so once in a while he does something for CF.

Lately too apparently he's been training a CF'er. James Boudreau, to compete in bodybuilding. That's a huge achievement and the guy is huge himself!
James are you reading this? Please tell us more yourself! :)
Great motivation.

Here's the video's from Marc's channel that he posted this week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrprnHGG9yU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCfNbS0FBlI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxNljTD48AE

Melissa75

Administrator
Thanks for sharing. And wow, amazing work, James. In the first video, its sounds like his lung function might be around 50% (he says he's got about half his lungs). To have that much strength and muscle mass is super--and fascinating. I wonder if that shows how much the heart/vascular system can adapt and compensate.

Twistofchaos

Yes, but that doesn't take away any of his achievements or hard work. Most people on roids don't ever come close to that size and shape let alone with CF.

Really wish though people would be a lot more open about it (though Marc is open about it) but as a starting bodybuilder probably in the hopes of getting sponsors and stuff I can see why he wouldn't and that's okay.

kyeev

Yes, but that doesn't take away any of his achievements or hard work. Most people on roids don't ever come close to that size and shape let alone with CF.

Really wish though people would be a lot more open about it (though Marc is open about it) but as a starting bodybuilder probably in the hopes of getting sponsors and stuff I can see why he wouldn't and that's okay.

Mmm, just that I've read quite a few books on body building, always talking about the steroid induced complications and deaths.
I wonder if there are health benefits or would having that much extra muscle on-board put extra pressure on the lungs to power it all.

Twistofchaos

Mmm, just that I've read quite a few books on body building, always talking about the steroid induced complications and deaths.
I wonder if there are health benefits or would having that much extra muscle on-board put extra pressure on the lungs to power it all.

People can be smart about steroids or very stupid. The latter seems pretty common.

Musclemass itself is not that taxing for the lungs or heart. Not much blood or oxygen to a muscle in rest. Ofcourse putting that musclemass to (full) work costs oxygen but so does a small untrained muscle. Remember that trained muscles are a lot more oxygen efficient than untrained ones. (Meaning that for a CF'er daily "light" tasks become significantly easier oxygenwise when one trains to be stronger.)
What does cost oxygen/loads the heart is simply the weight of your body that you have to carry around. Be it 200lbs of muscle or 200lbs of fat though once again the trained body is considerably more oxygen efficient for the same load.

Jamieb23

What's up guys! I see people have seen my videos with Marc if there are questions I would love to answer them

Jamieb23

Not sure if my last one posted but im like an open book! Ask away guys! Also I have a Bodybuilding page on facebook called cystic fibrosis bodybuilder check it out. I train guys and girls with cf. I also answer any and all questions