cf in ten years?

inna1977

thanks guys for all of your replies. the future does look bright and hopeful. cf is a terrible disease but luckily we have so many ppl working on controlling it and improving how one lives with it. i am also skeptical about a cure, however i do believe a control is not too far behind. gd willing !!!

hmw

After reading the posts following mine, it made me think a little more- when my daughter was born in 2001, the projected median age was just over 32. Ten years later it's 37.

Most of the treatments available now were available then- with the notable exception of Cayston. Vertex (and hopefully Ataluren) will make the difference in whether the next ten years makes a big difference in increasing those numbers by more, I think. I hope improvements are made when it comes to the burden of daily care by further utilizing eflow technology, etc.

hmw

After reading the posts following mine, it made me think a little more- when my daughter was born in 2001, the projected median age was just over 32. Ten years later it's 37.

Most of the treatments available now were available then- with the notable exception of Cayston. Vertex (and hopefully Ataluren) will make the difference in whether the next ten years makes a big difference in increasing those numbers by more, I think. I hope improvements are made when it comes to the burden of daily care by further utilizing eflow technology, etc.

hmw

<br />
<br />Most of the treatments available now were available then- with the notable exception of Cayston. Vertex (and hopefully Ataluren) will make the difference in whether the next ten years makes a big difference in increasing those numbers by more, I think. I hope improvements are made when it comes to the burden of daily care by further utilizing eflow technology, etc.

carly23

Omg Rpcchina (sp?) my mom wen n seen a physchic n england and they said there will be a cure for cf n 11yrs!..how coincidental :) this person my mom also seen told her i was goin to have stomach problems and i do so def makes ya wander!

carly23

Omg Rpcchina (sp?) my mom wen n seen a physchic n england and they said there will be a cure for cf n 11yrs!..how coincidental :) this person my mom also seen told her i was goin to have stomach problems and i do so def makes ya wander!

carly23

auntcob

One thing I think it that there will be advances in the dx process. And, more mutations and more knowledge about what mutations are linked to which symptoms. And finally, there will be a larger, better body of knowledge about "atypical" CF.

auntcob

One thing I think it that there will be advances in the dx process. And, more mutations and more knowledge about what mutations are linked to which symptoms. And finally, there will be a larger, better body of knowledge about "atypical" CF.

auntcob