cf in ten years?

mamaScarlett

I see it as almost totally manageable, with exceptions probably. I don't think the daily work will ever go away (chest pt, exercise, diet, meds) but that it will be controllable with compliance.<br>

mamaScarlett

I see it as almost totally manageable, with exceptions probably. I don't think the daily work will ever go away (chest pt, exercise, diet, meds) but that it will be controllable with compliance.<br>

mamaScarlett

hmw

I see the daily burden of care still being about the same, but if the Vertex drugs 'work', this care will accomplish more and result in better QOL for longer.

hmw

I see the daily burden of care still being about the same, but if the Vertex drugs 'work', this care will accomplish more and result in better QOL for longer.

hmw

rpcvchina

Funny you should ask that. A psychic told me that in 10 years, CF will be a non-issue. Like polio is for us today. Something is coming and all our work to make that happen is helping. Maybe, maybe not. But I sure hope she's right!!

rpcvchina

Funny you should ask that. A psychic told me that in 10 years, CF will be a non-issue. Like polio is for us today. Something is coming and all our work to make that happen is helping. Maybe, maybe not. But I sure hope she's right!!

rpcvchina

missT

Its funny...if you asked me in 2001 where CF would be I would probably say there would be a cure in 2011 or at least better drugs. But here I sit in 2011 with the same vest on...trying to get the mucus out with the same exact drugs. Ugh!

missT

Its funny...if you asked me in 2001 where CF would be I would probably say there would be a cure in 2011 or at least better drugs. But here I sit in 2011 with the same vest on...trying to get the mucus out with the same exact drugs. Ugh!

missT

<BR>Its funny...if you asked me in 2001 where CF would be I would probably say there would be a cure in 2011 or at least better drugs. But here I sit in 2011 with the same vest on...trying to get the mucus out with the same exact drugs. Ugh!

Jeana

When I was born, CFers died in childhood.  When I was 21, the average life expectancy was 18.  Here I am at almost 35 and the average life expectancy is 37.5.  I'm betting in 10 years, the average life expectancy will be about 50.

Jeana

When I was born, CFers died in childhood. When I was 21, the average life expectancy was 18. Here I am at almost 35 and the average life expectancy is 37.5. I'm betting in 10 years, the average life expectancy will be about 50.

Jeana

<BR>When I was born, CFers died in childhood. When I was 21, the average life expectancy was 18. Here I am at almost 35 and the average life expectancy is 37.5. I'm betting in 10 years, the average life expectancy will be about 50.

inna1977

thanks guys for all of your replies. the future does look bright and hopeful. cf is a terrible disease but luckily we have so many ppl working on controlling it and improving how one lives with it. i am also skeptical about a cure, however i do believe a control is not too far behind. gd willing !!!

inna1977

thanks guys for all of your replies. the future does look bright and hopeful. cf is a terrible disease but luckily we have so many ppl working on controlling it and improving how one lives with it. i am also skeptical about a cure, however i do believe a control is not too far behind. gd willing !!!