CF Lingo

JennifersHope

When I was first dx with CF, remember I was an adult.. I had the hardest time not taking what ppl said literally...

I remember being in chat with my friend Christy.. and I had talked to her a few times and the next thing you know she told me she was going to the slammer.....

Do you know for a while I really thought she was going to jail... I finally had the courage to ask her for what and she laughed at me and told me that it was the hospital...

Funny, sad, whatever but true... CFers have their own lingo.. and I thought we should have this posted for all the new adults on here so they won't be confused like me..

So join in the lingo fun...

I know I thought to at first that CFers got to travel to Club Med a lot until I realized that to was the hospital..

Let me see, what else do I remember....

Roid rage.. is not road rage spelled wrong.. it is from steroids.....

And for any new CFer.. People will NEVER stop asking you if you need a drink of water when you cough, and in church or any other public place you will always be handed a cough drop.. For some reason even though ppl know you have CF they think water is a cure for it.

I will think of more I just know I can be the only one who has been confused before

JennifersHope

When I was first dx with CF, remember I was an adult.. I had the hardest time not taking what ppl said literally...

I remember being in chat with my friend Christy.. and I had talked to her a few times and the next thing you know she told me she was going to the slammer.....

Do you know for a while I really thought she was going to jail... I finally had the courage to ask her for what and she laughed at me and told me that it was the hospital...

Funny, sad, whatever but true... CFers have their own lingo.. and I thought we should have this posted for all the new adults on here so they won't be confused like me..

I know I thought to at first that CFers got to travel to Club Med a lot until I realized that to was the hospital..

And for any new CFer.. People will NEVER stop asking you if you need a drink of water when you cough, and in church or any other public place you will always be handed a cough drop.. For some reason even though ppl know you have CF they think water is a cure for it.

I will think of more I just know I can be the only one who has been confused before

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

JennifersHope

<br />
<br />I remember being in chat with my friend Christy.. and I had talked to her a few times and the next thing you know she told me she was going to the slammer.....
<br />
<br />Do you know for a while I really thought she was going to jail... I finally had the courage to ask her for what and she laughed at me and told me that it was the hospital...
<br />
<br />Funny, sad, whatever but true... CFers have their own lingo.. and I thought we should have this posted for all the new adults on here so they won't be confused like me..
<br />
<br />So join in the lingo fun...
<br />
<br />I know I thought to at first that CFers got to travel to Club Med a lot until I realized that to was the hospital..
<br />
<br />Let me see, what else do I remember....
<br />
<br />Roid rage.. is not road rage spelled wrong.. it is from steroids.....
<br />
<br />And for any new CFer.. People will NEVER stop asking you if you need a drink of water when you cough, and in church or any other public place you will always be handed a cough drop.. For some reason even though ppl know you have CF they think water is a cure for it.
<br />
<br />I will think of more I just know I can be the only one who has been confused before

JazzysMom

You have a very good point Jennifer. When I posted about my vacation (before a hospital admit....not sure which one) I bragged about an all expense paid vacation at Hotel St. Vincents.

Another being going to REHAB.....as in pulmomary rehab, not detox

I will have to think more about it.....

JazzysMom

You have a very good point Jennifer. When I posted about my vacation (before a hospital admit....not sure which one) I bragged about an all expense paid vacation at Hotel St. Vincents.

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

<br />
<br />
<br />Another being going to REHAB.....as in pulmomary rehab, not detox
<br />
<br />
<br />I will have to think more about it.....