CF males, your testosteron levels

Twistofchaos

What are yours?

As I've changed my training mostly from cardio to strength/weight/bodybuilding a couple years ago, last year I've had my testosteron level tested.

It was 8 nmol/l.
Mostly I read that 10-35 is normal.

So, faily low. I wonder if this is (likely) related to CF, does this mostly happen as a result of malnutrition, what happens to testosteron levels in times of infection, antibiotics?
So I'm curious, what are your experiences? I know there's other weightlifting or even bodybuilding CF'ers on here.

Otherwise not worried about this at all (for example, have developed a full beard) if it weren't for having problems putting on any further muscle. I realise this is pretty hard anyway after a certain point, but a point I reached fairly quick (luckily also a point I tend to quickly reach again after illness) and no matter what I try and do, I can't seem to progress any further.

Twistofchaos

What are yours?

As I've changed my training mostly from cardio to strength/weight/bodybuilding a couple years ago, last year I've had my testosteron level tested.

It was 8 nmol/l.
Mostly I read that 10-35 is normal.

So, faily low. I wonder if this is (likely) related to CF, does this mostly happen as a result of malnutrition, what happens to testosteron levels in times of infection, antibiotics?
So I'm curious, what are your experiences? I know there's other weightlifting or even bodybuilding CF'ers on here.

Otherwise not worried about this at all (for example, have developed a full beard) if it weren't for having problems putting on any further muscle. I realise this is pretty hard anyway after a certain point, but a point I reached fairly quick (luckily also a point I tend to quickly reach again after illness) and no matter what I try and do, I can't seem to progress any further.

Twistofchaos

What are yours?
<br />
<br />As I've changed my training mostly from cardio to strength/weight/bodybuilding a couple years ago, last year I've had my testosteron level tested.
<br />
<br />It was 8 nmol/l.
<br />Mostly I read that 10-35 is normal.
<br />
<br />So, faily low. I wonder if this is (likely) related to CF, does this mostly happen as a result of malnutrition, what happens to testosteron levels in times of infection, antibiotics?
<br />So I'm curious, what are your experiences? I know there's other weightlifting or even bodybuilding CF'ers on here.
<br />
<br />Otherwise not worried about this at all (for example, have developed a full beard) if it weren't for having problems putting on any further muscle. I realise this is pretty hard anyway after a certain point, but a point I reached fairly quick (luckily also a point I tend to quickly reach again after illness) and no matter what I try and do, I can't seem to progress any further.

Shelbyville

Hey don't sweat it your levels will vary however 99% of all males w / CF have CAVD that means your sperm is trapped. Your body will rid itself of any abnormalities. So in short your immune system will attack and consume the sperm and some collateral related organs as well. It may be a bad time of the month for you as the immune system attacks the sack. If you think about it how else can we get rid of it? I would recheck it and make sure you don't have another issue. I don't have vas but my levels are normal after correcting so other issues. Good luck. PM me if you wish.

Steve

Shelbyville

Hey don't sweat it your levels will vary however 99% of all males w / CF have CAVD that means your sperm is trapped. Your body will rid itself of any abnormalities. So in short your immune system will attack and consume the sperm and some collateral related organs as well. It may be a bad time of the month for you as the immune system attacks the sack. If you think about it how else can we get rid of it? I would recheck it and make sure you don't have another issue. I don't have vas but my levels are normal after correcting so other issues. Good luck. PM me if you wish.

Steve

Shelbyville

<br />
<br />Steve