CF Pharmacy or Medicare Part B

JennifersHope

I have been put back on Pulmozyme, hypertonic saline and Source CF vitamins and enzymes. The last time I was on any of these I was working and had insurance.
I now have Medicare Part A, B, and D. with special medication assistance and then Medicaid as my secondary..or at least that is how I understand it.
I am absoultely confused. I am still in Colorado because after I finished my two week evaluation they found I am shunting blood in my heart through a hole. Which may or may not be the reason I need oxygen so I am waiting for a surgery consult..
It is not real surgery it is just done through the groin kind of like a stent would be put in your heart but they don't do it that way where I live so I am staying here because it just makes the most sense. Though if I don't need the surgery it will have cost me a lot of money to find out I don't.... and that is going to hurt!!!
Anyway, Have any of you dealt with the CF pharmacy before? I called them and I found the girl to be totally absent of any knowledge about how anything worked. I am not sure if I am going to use them but wanted to know other peoples experience with it.
How do you people who are on Medicare get your presciptions that are inhaled. I know it has to go through Part B.. Rite Aide in my town does not bill part B. I heard Walgreens might.
I Have learned so much information here....stuff to really improve lung function and to optimize reflux medications and I can't wait to share..but for now, my head is spinning in a million directions and I am trying to get this straightened out.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks so much

JennifersHope

I have been put back on Pulmozyme, hypertonic saline and Source CF vitamins and enzymes. The last time I was on any of these I was working and had insurance.
I now have Medicare Part A, B, and D. with special medication assistance and then Medicaid as my secondary..or at least that is how I understand it.
I am absoultely confused. I am still in Colorado because after I finished my two week evaluation they found I am shunting blood in my heart through a hole. Which may or may not be the reason I need oxygen so I am waiting for a surgery consult..
It is not real surgery it is just done through the groin kind of like a stent would be put in your heart but they don't do it that way where I live so I am staying here because it just makes the most sense. Though if I don't need the surgery it will have cost me a lot of money to find out I don't.... and that is going to hurt!!!
Anyway, Have any of you dealt with the CF pharmacy before? I called them and I found the girl to be totally absent of any knowledge about how anything worked. I am not sure if I am going to use them but wanted to know other peoples experience with it.
How do you people who are on Medicare get your presciptions that are inhaled. I know it has to go through Part B.. Rite Aide in my town does not bill part B. I heard Walgreens might.
I Have learned so much information here....stuff to really improve lung function and to optimize reflux medications and I can't wait to share..but for now, my head is spinning in a million directions and I am trying to get this straightened out.
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks so much

JustDucky

I use foundation care and have had no problems with them and I have Medicare as my primary (parts B and D)....maybe you'll have better luck with them! Glad you finally were able to go to Colorado for your work up, can't wait to hear the details!

Jenn 40 wCF

JustDucky

I use foundation care and have had no problems with them and I have Medicare as my primary (parts B and D)....maybe you'll have better luck with them! Glad you finally were able to go to Colorado for your work up, can't wait to hear the details!

Jenn 40 wCF

Printer

I use CF Services for ALMOST EVERYTHING and have done so for several years. Some minor issues on occasion but not as bad as CVS.

Bill

Printer

I use CF Services for ALMOST EVERYTHING and have done so for several years. Some minor issues on occasion but not as bad as CVS.

Bill

S

stephen

My experiences with the CF Services Pharmacy have been very positive!

They have been supplying me with Cayston for five years. Most of that time I was working and my insurance coverage was through my employer, with secondary insurance provided by my wife's previous employer.

This fall I retired and became covered by Medicare, with supplemental coverage still provided by my wife's previous employer. The switch-over was not easy to say the least. I found people at the CF Services Pharmacy extremely helpful!

Stephen
70 y/o; FEV 1 of 48%, otherwise feel great thank G-d

S

stephen

My experiences with the CF Services Pharmacy have been very positive!

They have been supplying me with Cayston for five years. Most of that time I was working and my insurance coverage was through my employer, with secondary insurance provided by my wife's previous employer.

This fall I retired and became covered by Medicare, with supplemental coverage still provided by my wife's previous employer. The switch-over was not easy to say the least. I found people at the CF Services Pharmacy extremely helpful!

Stephen
70 y/o; FEV 1 of 48%, otherwise feel great thank G-d

Havoc

The pharmacy I use now is a mail order pharmacy called Med-Fast and their service is excellent. They are only located in Western Pa, but being mail order, they may ship to anywhere in the lower 48. They deal with a lot of CF patients and they know exactly how to deal with insurance companies.

Foundation Care sound like they are also good, but I have never used them, so I can't comment on that.

Havoc

The pharmacy I use now is a mail order pharmacy called Med-Fast and their service is excellent. They are only located in Western Pa, but being mail order, they may ship to anywhere in the lower 48. They deal with a lot of CF patients and they know exactly how to deal with insurance companies.

Foundation Care sound like they are also good, but I have never used them, so I can't comment on that.

hmw

Keep in mind Jenn asked about CF Pharmacy- that is a totally different one based in FL and not affiliated with the CFF or CF Services at all. Jenn, which pharmacy of the two did you talk to?

hmw

Keep in mind Jenn asked about CF Pharmacy- that is a totally different one based in FL and not affiliated with the CFF or CF Services at all. Jenn, which pharmacy of the two did you talk to?