CF ROUTINES

Scarlett81

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>LouLou</b></i>

What makes me sad is presently he is smiling huge when I have a coughing attack. I wonder when he'll realize it's not a great thing that I cough. Maybe he'll have the attitude like my hubby does that a cough is good because it's getting the gook out.

</end quote></div>

Funny u say this bc I have noticed that my 4.5 month old daughter stops what she's doing to stare at me whle I have a coughing attack. If I am bfeeding her, and I cough-she'll stop from being totally focused on bfding, eyes shut-to turning to stare at me, all serious. Then when I stop, she goes back to what she was doing. Like she's just pausing to make sure I'm ok....it kinda weirds me out!

Scarlett81

What makes me sad is presently he is smiling huge when I have a coughing attack. I wonder when he'll realize it's not a great thing that I cough. Maybe he'll have the attitude like my hubby does that a cough is good because it's getting the gook out.

</end quote></div>

Funny u say this bc I have noticed that my 4.5 month old daughter stops what she's doing to stare at me whle I have a coughing attack. If I am bfeeding her, and I cough-she'll stop from being totally focused on bfding, eyes shut-to turning to stare at me, all serious. Then when I stop, she goes back to what she was doing. Like she's just pausing to make sure I'm ok....it kinda weirds me out!

Scarlett81

</end quote></div>

Scarlett81

</end quote>

Scarlett81

</end quote>

LisaV

In my experience, if your kid knows you have an illness (<i>any</i> illness) that needs treatment for you to be OK, then <i>seeing</i> you do those treatments is actually reassuring. (Of course, if you are all emotional and hysterical or crying while you're taking it, then they don't need that. But if you're just matter-of-fact when taking it, that's cool.)

I think watching a parent do their treatments signals to the kid that the parent has some control over the illness (and is using that control to try to stay in the best possible health) -- rather than the parent being a victim of the illness.

Of course, in my husband's family, almost every has a nebulizer in the living room (in a drawer or tucked under a table with a long tablecloth ;-)

LisaV

In my experience, if your kid knows you have an illness (<i>any</i> illness) that needs treatment for you to be OK, then <i>seeing</i> you do those treatments is actually reassuring. (Of course, if you are all emotional and hysterical or crying while you're taking it, then they don't need that. But if you're just matter-of-fact when taking it, that's cool.)

I think watching a parent do their treatments signals to the kid that the parent has some control over the illness (and is using that control to try to stay in the best possible health) -- rather than the parent being a victim of the illness.

Of course, in my husband's family, almost every has a nebulizer in the living room (in a drawer or tucked under a table with a long tablecloth ;-)

LisaV

LisaV

LisaV

Giggles

I am not a mom but I do have CF and I would 100% include my child or children in all my daily routines, treatments, hospital stays. I think it provides so many positives and I will just list a few:

1. the child is part of the family and can learn and help you and not be afraid of the stuff that goes on with CF

2. shows the child that not everyone has it so easy. the child learns empathy

3. child can feel a part of it all and understand it. I would never want my child to not realize how serious CF is and not understand what has to be done.

4. make it fun and a part of life. I would not burden the child with worries but treat the treatments and such like it is just something you have to do like brushing your teeth

I personally just feel that CF is so much a part of my life and ALL the stuff I gotta do that I can not imagine trying to keep it from him or her.

Good luck and I know you will make the right decision that is good for you and your family and that is the MOST important!

Jennifer 35 years old with CF and CFRD

Giggles

I am not a mom but I do have CF and I would 100% include my child or children in all my daily routines, treatments, hospital stays. I think it provides so many positives and I will just list a few:

1. the child is part of the family and can learn and help you and not be afraid of the stuff that goes on with CF

3. child can feel a part of it all and understand it. I would never want my child to not realize how serious CF is and not understand what has to be done.

4. make it fun and a part of life. I would not burden the child with worries but treat the treatments and such like it is just something you have to do like brushing your teeth

I personally just feel that CF is so much a part of my life and ALL the stuff I gotta do that I can not imagine trying to keep it from him or her.

Good luck and I know you will make the right decision that is good for you and your family and that is the MOST important!

Giggles

Giggles

Giggles