CF ROUTINES

JazzysMom

I have always tried to do my treatments & iv's when Jazz is in school or went to bed. It hasnt always been easy at bedtime especially when I was on 3 ivs meds.

I usually go to bed shortly after Jazz so having to stay up late was a task at times. I would stress if she wanted to stay up later because in my mind that meant my treatments got done later.

I guess the reason I would "avoid" my treatments in front of her was because she already had enough "reminders" of CF so why throw it in her face daily.

Then there were times that I just couldnt avoid it. My vest & nebs I have to do in the living room because I was not moving it from one place to another. BUT there was no reason I couldnt go my iv's in another room. Why couldnt I watch a movie with her or do arts/crafts in the dining room while hooked up? There was none except for my mind set.

The odd thing is that she is more then happy to "help" by flushing my iv's, setting up the tubing etc so to avoid it in front of her almost makes it seem worse.

SO my ?? is to those CFers who are parents......do you avoid doing your treatments, iv's, care etc in front of your child OR do you just incorporate what you want to do or can do with your child while doing them?

I realize how much value time I waste by "hiding" a part of our life that isnt going away........

JazzysMom

I have always tried to do my treatments & iv's when Jazz is in school or went to bed. It hasnt always been easy at bedtime especially when I was on 3 ivs meds.

I usually go to bed shortly after Jazz so having to stay up late was a task at times. I would stress if she wanted to stay up later because in my mind that meant my treatments got done later.

I guess the reason I would "avoid" my treatments in front of her was because she already had enough "reminders" of CF so why throw it in her face daily.

Then there were times that I just couldnt avoid it. My vest & nebs I have to do in the living room because I was not moving it from one place to another. BUT there was no reason I couldnt go my iv's in another room. Why couldnt I watch a movie with her or do arts/crafts in the dining room while hooked up? There was none except for my mind set.

The odd thing is that she is more then happy to "help" by flushing my iv's, setting up the tubing etc so to avoid it in front of her almost makes it seem worse.

SO my ?? is to those CFers who are parents......do you avoid doing your treatments, iv's, care etc in front of your child OR do you just incorporate what you want to do or can do with your child while doing them?

I realize how much value time I waste by "hiding" a part of our life that isnt going away........

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

JazzysMom

wanderlost

Well I really didn't even really tell my son I had Cf until last year - when he was 7. He sorta had a vague idea but I explained it more. I have the neb and vest set up in the computer room so I can fiddle online when I do them - and I often shut the door when I am doing them. I actually feel a little embarrassed sometimes when I am all hooked up to these contraptions - so, while I don't wait until the kids are gone or in bed to do my business, I do still keep it to myslef. I haven't done home IVs yet, so I can't say on that, but I sorta think I don't want my kids memories to be of mom being "sick" so I would probably not do too much in front of them.

wanderlost

Well I really didn't even really tell my son I had Cf until last year - when he was 7. He sorta had a vague idea but I explained it more. I have the neb and vest set up in the computer room so I can fiddle online when I do them - and I often shut the door when I am doing them. I actually feel a little embarrassed sometimes when I am all hooked up to these contraptions - so, while I don't wait until the kids are gone or in bed to do my business, I do still keep it to myslef. I haven't done home IVs yet, so I can't say on that, but I sorta think I don't want my kids memories to be of mom being "sick" so I would probably not do too much in front of them.

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

mom2lillian

I am holding Lillian on my lap doing vest and she is watchign computer screen (getting tired of toys last 5 minutes). I plan to encorporate her into all my treatments, she will be an expert and my helper whenever she wants (meaning I wont force her to help me). I willl never hide it because I think the unknown is far scarier than accepting the known and understanding it.

It is a way of life and part of who I am, I hope as long as I teach her what it all is and why I need it she will understand and it iwll just be something her mom has always done, she wont think twice about it any more than she will why I do any other number crazy things.

and as Mel mentioned there are lots fun things you can do while hooked to an IV or a vest so they can be happy memorable times too.

mom2lillian

I am holding Lillian on my lap doing vest and she is watchign computer screen (getting tired of toys last 5 minutes). I plan to encorporate her into all my treatments, she will be an expert and my helper whenever she wants (meaning I wont force her to help me). I willl never hide it because I think the unknown is far scarier than accepting the known and understanding it.

It is a way of life and part of who I am, I hope as long as I teach her what it all is and why I need it she will understand and it iwll just be something her mom has always done, she wont think twice about it any more than she will why I do any other number crazy things.

and as Mel mentioned there are lots fun things you can do while hooked to an IV or a vest so they can be happy memorable times too.

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

mom2lillian

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

she wont think twice about it any more than she will why I do any other number crazy things.

</end quote></div>

FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JazzysMom

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>mom2lillian</b></i>

she wont think twice about it any more than she will why I do any other number crazy things.

</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

</end quote></div>

JazzysMom

</end quote>

JazzysMom

</end quote>