CF ROUTINES

wanderlost

Yeah, I want to make clear that I don't hide my treatments either - I say "I am going to do my vest now" and then I sometimes shut the door. I also kind of use my treatment time as an excuse for some alone time - I have had to explain that when I am doing the vest and the neb I cannot constantly be getting up and turning it off to deal with a snack or the TV or whatever - so it isn't like i hide it, I just don't do it sitting out in the living room. Same if I had to go on IVs - I would show my kids, explain it, etc., but i mgiht wait to do them
whe0n I was al50one0/74 (<----- baby says hi)

wanderlost

Yeah, I want to make clear that I don't hide my treatments either - I say "I am going to do my vest now" and then I sometimes shut the door. I also kind of use my treatment time as an excuse for some alone time - I have had to explain that when I am doing the vest and the neb I cannot constantly be getting up and turning it off to deal with a snack or the TV or whatever - so it isn't like i hide it, I just don't do it sitting out in the living room. Same if I had to go on IVs - I would show my kids, explain it, etc., but i mgiht wait to do them

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost

LouLou

Neat topic. I've actually thought about this previously and it might sound weird but I think it will make my son a better person that he will see me do my treatments as I care for myself. It will teach him discipline and also show him that good health takes caring for ourselves amongst other character building attributes.

Of course now that he has been diagnosed a-typical cf, through me he'll see what cf is all about well before he has to do it all himself. Maybe it will instill in him that he needs to take care for himself so he doesn't have to do all that mommy has to. Sad but hopefully true.

I don't interrupt my treatments for anything other than maybe a pot boiling over or the comparable, LOL. He'll be screaming hungry and he realizes he just has to wait until I'm done. I plan to continue this good habit. Oh and by the way, so it doesn't sound like I'm depriving him or something...he' 4 mo's and weighs 17 lbs. so he's doing just fine :) He goes to bed at 7pm currently so mostly during the week I do my treatments after he goes to bed. He sees me in the AM and on the weekends though. Also I've been known to acapella while I breastfeed.

What makes me sad is presently he is smiling huge when I have a coughing attack. I wonder when he'll realize it's not a great thing that I cough. Maybe he'll have the attitude like my hubby does that a cough is good because it's getting the gook out.

The long and the short of it is that Isaac will be exposed to it all. After all, the reason I had a baby was so that he could clean and prepare my nebs for me...LOL J/K!! I plan to keep him away from my Tobi so that he doesn't become resistant. The thought of going to another room doesn't sound like any fun but maybe I should consider it with his cf.

LouLou

Neat topic. I've actually thought about this previously and it might sound weird but I think it will make my son a better person that he will see me do my treatments as I care for myself. It will teach him discipline and also show him that good health takes caring for ourselves amongst other character building attributes.

Of course now that he has been diagnosed a-typical cf, through me he'll see what cf is all about well before he has to do it all himself. Maybe it will instill in him that he needs to take care for himself so he doesn't have to do all that mommy has to. Sad but hopefully true.

I don't interrupt my treatments for anything other than maybe a pot boiling over or the comparable, LOL. He'll be screaming hungry and he realizes he just has to wait until I'm done. I plan to continue this good habit. Oh and by the way, so it doesn't sound like I'm depriving him or something...he' 4 mo's and weighs 17 lbs. so he's doing just fine :) He goes to bed at 7pm currently so mostly during the week I do my treatments after he goes to bed. He sees me in the AM and on the weekends though. Also I've been known to acapella while I breastfeed.

What makes me sad is presently he is smiling huge when I have a coughing attack. I wonder when he'll realize it's not a great thing that I cough. Maybe he'll have the attitude like my hubby does that a cough is good because it's getting the gook out.

The long and the short of it is that Isaac will be exposed to it all. After all, the reason I had a baby was so that he could clean and prepare my nebs for me...LOL J/K!! I plan to keep him away from my Tobi so that he doesn't become resistant. The thought of going to another room doesn't sound like any fun but maybe I should consider it with his cf.

LouLou

LouLou

LouLou

jennyb

I am also a mother and have twins. (6years old)

I am transplanted now, but when I had to do all the therapy my kids new exactly what I was doing. They were so interested, and all they ever new is that I was sick.
They understood more, about why I had to
do the things I did.

I think it was the best that they know, so it would help them learn about the disease.

jennyb

jennyb

I am transplanted now, but when I had to do all the therapy my kids new exactly what I was doing. They were so interested, and all they ever new is that I was sick.
do the things I did.

I think it was the best that they know, so it would help them learn about the disease.

jennyb

jennyb

do the things I did.

jennyb

jennyb

do the things I did.

jennyb

jennyb

do the things I did.

jennyb