CF Services Pharmacy FYI

Rebjane

Super Moderator
CF services is merging with Walgreens.. Just found out they can not ship to our particular state. I am very aggravated to say the least. So I am transfering out my daughter's scripts to our local drug store for now...I am concerned about her Pulmozyme. Who would you recommend for a pharmacy for that because of the refrigeration issue???

I am very annoyed at CF Services for their lack of planning on this issue. And of course my daughter is starting up with her winter exacerbation so I am on edge and having to deal with transfering 10 medications to another pharmacy makes it worse.

mysticrose

I would strongly suggest NOT using Rite Aide. Could just be where we live but every shipment of Pulmozyme for my kids was messed up and had to be reordered. Dealing with them was just a constant battle for all the meds.
We ended up finding a local compound pharmacist. Before I switched all the meds I took a list in and asked them if they took my insurance and if they could fill these meds. There is a different degree of attention and personalization you get when going to these types of places vs the big one's. We used Walgreens for a long time until our insurance dropped them. Then we used Rite Aide and it was a nightmare.

Jen mom to 4 kiddos. 3w/cf and 1 lucky red head.

Rebjane

Super Moderator
Yeah, I do not want to use rite aid for the Pulmozyme. They have helped me out with the enzymes in the past, so i am giving them a try with 2 of her drugs. I likely will have them transfer her albuterol too there. We'll see. Feeling like CF Services is not being the CF advocate however. That is how they promote themselves...hmmm

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
I've actually had good luck with a neighborhood pharmacy down the street and now a relative's pharmacy under the Medicine Shoppe franchise. Both places the prices were competitive and they didn't have issues with ordering pulmozyme or tobi.

I DID just get a note from our pharmacist about some new requirement regarding Tobi and having to deal with specific pharmacies. Hoping it's not CF Services (or Wallgreens). We had issues with CF Services Pharmacy when we were under the tobi foundation and I don't believe any of the Wallgreens in our state actually HAVE pharmacies.

amber682

I used Rite Aid before we switched to CF Services, and never had any issue with Tobi or Pulmozyme. They did however mess up and give us zyrtec instead of zantac, and wrote he dosage on a med as 5 teaspoons instead of 5 ml (5 X the dose!)

I've had to switch to CVS for our Pulmozyme, it's been easier to get from them than from the mail order company we were using. Pharmacist keeps things refrigerated, perfect dosage, ordered so it's ready for each month's scripts. Stay away from rite-aid, not only are they a discount pharmacy, but I've heard many mix-ups in meds....discount pharmacists are not a good idea when dealing with your health!

2roses

Foundation Care has been excellent for our specialty meds, including compounded drugs (e.g., coilstin). They work with the cf clinic and insurance companies for authorizations, ship fast, and place reminder calls for refills. I highly recommend them.
www.foundcare.com

2roses

Hey I just looked at Foundation Care's site and they say they are a "full service pharmacy serving patients in all 50 states." They are based in MO.

Turtle

We get our Pulmozyme and Creon through Safeway Pharmacy and they have been consistently great. The only thing they could not fill was Hyper Saline so we get that through the CF Services.

Badger

interested in more opinions please. I currently use CF services and have had fairly good luck with them. Some mistakes but not to many and none really serious. I don't know about the whole Walgreens thing though. Ive dealt with Walgreens in the past and was not impressed.

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
I think it all depends on pharmacy manager. Our Walgreens manager is tops and has helped with may an emergency,ie me dropping ball r forgetting something.l

chelsie882003

pulmozyme

CF services is merging with Walgreens.. Just found out they can not ship to our particular state. I am very aggravated to say the least. So I am transfering out my daughter's scripts to our local drug store for now...I am concerned about her Pulmozyme. Who would you recommend for a pharmacy for that because of the refrigeration issue???

I am very annoyed at CF Services for their lack of planning on this issue. And of course my daughter is starting up with her winter exacerbation so I am on edge and having to deal with transfering 10 medications to another pharmacy makes it worse.

"Hey my name is Chelsie, for my pulmozyme i go through primetheraputic pharmacy i used to go through Trissent. you ca give them a call and see if they will take your insurance"

1-877-627-6337

CrisDopher

Another vote here for Foundation Care. They've been really great to work with and sometimes I can't believe how much they can throw in for free (vitamins, hypertonic saline)

C

cfgf28

All of my BF's inhaled meds, except for hypertonic saline come from CVS caremark pharmacy. They come in the mail, we don't have to call for refills, they automatically ship them, and they are packed in dry ice. He has had no issues with them at all. They will send you a bill for copays, or you can set it up to charge right to a debit or credit card, in case you forget to mail the bills in like I do. HS come from CF pharmacy and I think it is more of a pain to order through them because i have to remember to call and refill it, and never know he's almost out til he only has a couple days left, then we always end up a day or two without it, while we wait for it to come. We could not get HS thorugh CVS caremark, something about it not being covered i think, we have to have a pre auth for it every 6 months. It's the cheaoest med of all and Insurance puts up a stink over it. I think CVS might not carry it either. But I can't remember for sure. Everything else we pick up at Walgreens.. Our Walgreens is very effecient and has an automated system that calls if something is not available and lets you know when it is so you dont make any unneccesary trip.

jbrandyn

A couple thoughts,
Most of the Kroger/Fred Meyer/QFC Pharmacies are good, I would question their access to Kayston, but they have really good service if you are a regular and they have gone out of their way to get me my meds before... I live in Washington though and I can get any of my scrips filled through Walgreen's now which is kind of nice if I need something quickly. I will say that my experiences with Walgreen's in the past have been sketchy, but lately they have been better in their pharmacy department and started accepting Medicaid.

I suppose my only quip would be about anything you need compounded, like gentamycin or Hyper saline, sometimes that can be hard to get at any name brand pharmacy.

If you are settled in an area looking for a good small pharmacy, family owned or just local could be a good solutions. Often they do compounding and the pharmacist actually knows what you are on and cares about you. So that's my best solution.

Cheers!

Ratatosk

Administrator
Staff member
Our pharmacist just told us that our insurance BCBS is cutting out the 'middleman' and making deals with several mailorder pharmacies to dispense Tobi, possibly pulmozyme. When we dealt with a mail order pharmacy before (CF Services) when DS was eligible for the Tobi Foundation, it was a nightmare. Promised deliveries didn't arrive without several phone calls, billing was screwed up... Needless to say I'm not too thrilled about once again having to deal with an out of state entity instead of my friendly neighborhood pharmacy who has always managed to get ds' meds in a timely manner with competive prices. Already stressed out about this and haven't had to refill his script yet.

S

stephen

It really surprises me when I hear complaints regarding the CF Services Pharmacy. I have nothing but praise for the service they have provided to me.

They have been my supplier for Cayston for more than five years. They were a great help last year in cutting through the frustrating bureaucracy when my insurance chanced from an employer provided drug plan to a Medicare plan.

Just last week I began getting Pulmozyme from them. My Medicare preferred pharmacy, CuraScripts, gave me all sorts of difficulty and wanted a $551 co-insurance payment for a 30 day supply. The CF services Pharmacy did the leg work to determine that Pulmozyme was covered in full by my Medicare plan.

I am hoping their relationship with Walgreens does no adversely affect the help and service I personally have been getting.