CF Sibling

Jesusluvsewe

My brother died at the age of 22 from CF. I just turned 24. He would have turned 23 a week ago. He died in March. I watched him die in a Pittsburgh hospital, longing so much to fix things....I miss him alot. There were only him and I for children. I know God had a purpose, and I know something good will come from it, but sometimes it still hurts so.<br>I am wondering, are there other siblings that have watched their CF brothers die? If so, how do you handle the memories of their death?<br><br>I want to do all I can to alert the world of CF. He also wanted to, but then decided he would no longer takes his meds, and I watched him kill himself. and I could do nothing to stop him..he wouldn't listen to me.<br><br>Raych<br>

Jesusluvsewe

My brother died at the age of 22 from CF. I just turned 24. He would have turned 23 a week ago. He died in March. I watched him die in a Pittsburgh hospital, longing so much to fix things....I miss him alot. There were only him and I for children. I know God had a purpose, and I know something good will come from it, but sometimes it still hurts so.<br>I am wondering, are there other siblings that have watched their CF brothers die? If so, how do you handle the memories of their death?<br><br>I want to do all I can to alert the world of CF. He also wanted to, but then decided he would no longer takes his meds, and I watched him kill himself. and I could do nothing to stop him..he wouldn't listen to me.<br><br>Raych<br>

Jesusluvsewe

T

TleighsHusband

Although I am not a sibling, my wife Tiffany died about a year ago due to CF complications as I was holding her hand and talking to her. We were married for over 13 years and the Lord gave us some marvelous years together. I would be more than willing to PM with you if you would like about how I handle those memories. Here is the short version: At times the memories are overwhelming, and at times they seem like they were just yesterday. Tiffany and I have so many great memories together, and I love taking the time to remember. Those memories bring a smile, a tear, a longing, a rejoicing that she is with the Lord, and encouragement at what God gave us. Tiffany only had one sibling as well -- it was great to play golf with him last week. I believe ultimately how you handle the memories comes down to your perspectives of life and then you make purposeful responses based upon those perspectives to the pressures of loss of which overwhelming memories are just one. People respond to loss differently and have different pressures that they must deal with in regards to that loss. In the Phoenix area, we just started a discussion group for those who have lost someone to CF. The next time we get together is Dec. 8th. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

T

TleighsHusband

Although I am not a sibling, my wife Tiffany died about a year ago due to CF complications as I was holding her hand and talking to her. We were married for over 13 years and the Lord gave us some marvelous years together. I would be more than willing to PM with you if you would like about how I handle those memories. Here is the short version: At times the memories are overwhelming, and at times they seem like they were just yesterday. Tiffany and I have so many great memories together, and I love taking the time to remember. Those memories bring a smile, a tear, a longing, a rejoicing that she is with the Lord, and encouragement at what God gave us. Tiffany only had one sibling as well -- it was great to play golf with him last week. I believe ultimately how you handle the memories comes down to your perspectives of life and then you make purposeful responses based upon those perspectives to the pressures of loss of which overwhelming memories are just one. People respond to loss differently and have different pressures that they must deal with in regards to that loss. In the Phoenix area, we just started a discussion group for those who have lost someone to CF. The next time we get together is Dec. 8th. Feel free to PM me if you would like.

T

TleighsHusband

Tammy15

<P>Although I am not a sibling my daughter at age 25 passed 060410. We explained to her 4 yro old son that she had to leave to be an angel and he did go to calling hours we explained she would be asleep in an angel box. Her decision to have her son we knew it would create serious health issues but it gave her such joy to be a mom.  Her brother who will now be 30 in a few weeks also has CF he stood at her bedside as well as her sister(non CF) and all other family members. I had told her brother at one point he could leave but he would not leave her side.  He did end up moving to another state and I know there are times he as we all do misses her greatly as he said he could never be comfortable going back to the clinic , hospital where she passed even though he liked staff and doctor.  I am sure it was hard for you but it sounds like your brother made his own decisions . There are times that memories are overwhelming and tears flow and there are times we have called her cell phone number.  There are times I wonder why but I look at all pictures with her and her son and you can just feel her joy and that gives me peace. May you hold and enjoy the memories you and your brother had together</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Tammy </P>

Tammy15

<P>Although I am not a sibling my daughter at age 25 passed 060410. We explained to her 4 yro old son that she had to leave to be an angel and he did go to calling hours we explained she would be asleep in an angel box. Her decision to have her son we knew it would create serious health issues but it gave her such joy to be a mom. Her brother who will now be 30 in a few weeks also has CF he stood at her bedside as well as her sister(non CF) and all other family members. I had told her brother at one point he could leave but he would not leave her side. He did end up moving to another state and I know there are times he as we all do misses her greatly as he said he could never be comfortable going back to the clinic , hospital where she passed even though he liked staff and doctor. I am sure it was hard for you but it sounds like your brother made his own decisions . There are times that memories are overwhelming and tears flow and there are times we have called her cell phone number. There are times I wonder why but I look at all pictures with her and her son and you can just feel her joy and that gives me peace. May you hold and enjoy the memories you and your brother had together</P>
<P></P>
<P>Tammy </P>

Tammy15

<P><BR>Although I am not a sibling my daughter at age 25 passed 060410. We explained to her 4 yro old son that she had to leave to be an angel and he did go to calling hours we explained she would be asleep in an angel box. Her decision to have her son we knew it would create serious health issues but it gave her such joy to be a mom. Her brother who will now be 30 in a few weeks also has CF he stood at her bedside as well as her sister(non CF) and all other family members. I had told her brother at one point he could leave but he would not leave her side. He did end up moving to another state and I know there are times he as we all do misses her greatly as he said he could never be comfortable going back to the clinic , hospital where she passed even though he liked staff and doctor. I am sure it was hard for you but it sounds like your brother made his own decisions . There are times that memories are overwhelming and tears flow and there are times we have called her cell phone number. There are times I wonder why but I look at all pictures with her and her son and you can just feel her joy and that gives me peace. May you hold and enjoy the memories you and your brother had together</P>
<P></P>
<P>Tammy </P>

NateJS345

My sister died of CF complications on the first day of school when I was a junior in High School. I was able to stay by her side during the night, and eventually was able to get some sleep in a room next to hers. We had a connection because I have CF too. I still miss my sister and fondly remember her. She died over 10 years ago. It does get easier over time. Sometimes I wonder if she were still alive, would we have made the same decisions we made...

NateJS345

My sister died of CF complications on the first day of school when I was a junior in High School. I was able to stay by her side during the night, and eventually was able to get some sleep in a room next to hers. We had a connection because I have CF too. I still miss my sister and fondly remember her. She died over 10 years ago. It does get easier over time. Sometimes I wonder if she were still alive, would we have made the same decisions we made...