CF song

cf4life

lol at this entire thread. Look forward to seeing and hoping something comes out of this project.
<br />
<br />@entropy, I don't think twist meant any disrespect, at least in the beginning. I took it more of him trying to get people going on this. I think a lot of people see some excitement in this as it is a good idea. The reality is that if someone does not take the reins on this and put some deadlines forth then it will have a hard time getting done.
<br />
<br />Maybe you can create a blog or facebook page where people can get updates and contribute. If it is going to be a community effort I think someone will need to spend some time organizing and educating on how to provide input, samples, lyrics (if used), reviews etc. Without organizing this, having a schedule (deadlines for contributes), things are going to happen like this thread. It would help if this was collected in one spot. It will take some time to organize, etc. Maybe this (educationg, collecting, and managing the samples) is something you can delegate to someone like twist who is ready to go.

Havoc

<div class="FTQUOTE"><begin quote><i>Originally posted by: <b>cf4life</b></i>

Maybe you can create a blog or facebook page where people can get updates and contribute. If it is going to be a community effort I think someone will need to spend some time organizing and educating on how to provide input, samples, lyrics (if used), reviews etc. Without organizing this, having a schedule (deadlines for contributes), things are going to happen like this thread. It would help if this was collected in one spot. It will take some time to organize, etc. Maybe this (educationg, collecting, and managing the samples) is something you can delegate to someone like twist who is ready to go.</end quote></div>

We tried. In a previous thread we delegated who was going to do what as far as instrumentation. We asked for as many people as possible to submit audio samples, which is not a hard thing to accomplish as most computers these days have built in webcams with microphones (or a $50 M-audio USB mic at best buy). Everyone seemed to think it was a fantastic idea, but in the end Twist was the only one who submitted samples, even though this idea has been talked about for months.

Regarding instruments, we had to get some fixed and I am currently waiting on a super computer built specifically for music composition (I'll have it in 2 weeks), although the computer I have now will do in a pinch, I'd rather keep everything on one system.

I really wanted this to be a group effort, because done well, this could gain national attention and it would be great to say that this was a collaborative effort by many people on this forum. Unfortunately, it looks like 2 or maybe 3 of us will be doing all the work, including the sampling. Compound that by having to do everything remotely and it's a challenge.

I am rather disappointed that more people could not find the time to record a few samples. Think about the math, there are over 11,000 registered users on this forum alone. Add in all the people across the world who know someone with CF. We could be talking about a donation to the CFF in the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands. That is if people wouldn't be so bloody lazy.

Havoc

Maybe you can create a blog or facebook page where people can get updates and contribute. If it is going to be a community effort I think someone will need to spend some time organizing and educating on how to provide input, samples, lyrics (if used), reviews etc. Without organizing this, having a schedule (deadlines for contributes), things are going to happen like this thread. It would help if this was collected in one spot. It will take some time to organize, etc. Maybe this (educationg, collecting, and managing the samples) is something you can delegate to someone like twist who is ready to go.</end quote>

We tried. In a previous thread we delegated who was going to do what as far as instrumentation. We asked for as many people as possible to submit audio samples, which is not a hard thing to accomplish as most computers these days have built in webcams with microphones (or a $50 M-audio USB mic at best buy). Everyone seemed to think it was a fantastic idea, but in the end Twist was the only one who submitted samples, even though this idea has been talked about for months.

Regarding instruments, we had to get some fixed and I am currently waiting on a super computer built specifically for music composition (I'll have it in 2 weeks), although the computer I have now will do in a pinch, I'd rather keep everything on one system.

I really wanted this to be a group effort, because done well, this could gain national attention and it would be great to say that this was a collaborative effort by many people on this forum. Unfortunately, it looks like 2 or maybe 3 of us will be doing all the work, including the sampling. Compound that by having to do everything remotely and it's a challenge.

I am rather disappointed that more people could not find the time to record a few samples. Think about the math, there are over 11,000 registered users on this forum alone. Add in all the people across the world who know someone with CF. We could be talking about a donation to the CFF in the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands. That is if people wouldn't be so bloody lazy.

Havoc

<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
<br />Maybe you can create a blog or facebook page where people can get updates and contribute. If it is going to be a community effort I think someone will need to spend some time organizing and educating on how to provide input, samples, lyrics (if used), reviews etc. Without organizing this, having a schedule (deadlines for contributes), things are going to happen like this thread. It would help if this was collected in one spot. It will take some time to organize, etc. Maybe this (educationg, collecting, and managing the samples) is something you can delegate to someone like twist who is ready to go.</end quote>
<br />
<br />We tried. In a previous thread we delegated who was going to do what as far as instrumentation. We asked for as many people as possible to submit audio samples, which is not a hard thing to accomplish as most computers these days have built in webcams with microphones (or a $50 M-audio USB mic at best buy). Everyone seemed to think it was a fantastic idea, but in the end Twist was the only one who submitted samples, even though this idea has been talked about for months.
<br />
<br />Regarding instruments, we had to get some fixed and I am currently waiting on a super computer built specifically for music composition (I'll have it in 2 weeks), although the computer I have now will do in a pinch, I'd rather keep everything on one system.
<br />
<br />I really wanted this to be a group effort, because done well, this could gain national attention and it would be great to say that this was a collaborative effort by many people on this forum. Unfortunately, it looks like 2 or maybe 3 of us will be doing all the work, including the sampling. Compound that by having to do everything remotely and it's a challenge.
<br />
<br />I am rather disappointed that more people could not find the time to record a few samples. Think about the math, there are over 11,000 registered users on this forum alone. Add in all the people across the world who know someone with CF. We could be talking about a donation to the CFF in the thousands, perhaps tens of thousands. That is if people wouldn't be so bloody lazy.

E

entropy

@cf4life

I didn't think it was Twist's place to be harping on people for not doing things fast enough when this project has to meet the schedules of several different people. Not trying to say that deadlines shouldn't be set, but giving people a hard time for not adhering to a schedule which hasn't even been set yet seems kind of ridiculous. Right now, we're still in the conceptualization process, as well as in the process of getting all of the hardware needed. I wish twist would still contribute, but I don't want him to if he doesn't want to. I regret that this argument happened, but I call it like I see it, as does Twist. In a project like this, these things are inevitable. So I hold no grudges, and I hope the people who have shown interest will actually contribute, because me and Havoc (at the very least) are definitely going to do this.

E

entropy

@cf4life

I didn't think it was Twist's place to be harping on people for not doing things fast enough when this project has to meet the schedules of several different people. Not trying to say that deadlines shouldn't be set, but giving people a hard time for not adhering to a schedule which hasn't even been set yet seems kind of ridiculous. Right now, we're still in the conceptualization process, as well as in the process of getting all of the hardware needed. I wish twist would still contribute, but I don't want him to if he doesn't want to. I regret that this argument happened, but I call it like I see it, as does Twist. In a project like this, these things are inevitable. So I hold no grudges, and I hope the people who have shown interest will actually contribute, because me and Havoc (at the very least) are definitely going to do this.

E

entropy

@cf4life
<br />
<br />I didn't think it was Twist's place to be harping on people for not doing things fast enough when this project has to meet the schedules of several different people. Not trying to say that deadlines shouldn't be set, but giving people a hard time for not adhering to a schedule which hasn't even been set yet seems kind of ridiculous. Right now, we're still in the conceptualization process, as well as in the process of getting all of the hardware needed. I wish twist would still contribute, but I don't want him to if he doesn't want to. I regret that this argument happened, but I call it like I see it, as does Twist. In a project like this, these things are inevitable. So I hold no grudges, and I hope the people who have shown interest will actually contribute, because me and Havoc (at the very least) are definitely going to do this.

Havoc

For anyone interested in collaborating we will be using the site <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://digitalmusician.net">http://digitalmusician.net</a> . Log in and create an account and you will be added to the project. My s/n is Havoc527.

Havoc

For anyone interested in collaborating we will be using the site <a target=_blank class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://digitalmusician.net">http://digitalmusician.net</a> . Log in and create an account and you will be added to the project. My s/n is Havoc527.

Havoc

erock77

Hey guys, haven't logged in for a few days, just got caught up on the drama.
Anyways, I'm on skype fairly frequently. Skype name is: erocka77
I'll admit slacking off, besides developing ideas in my head and email. I gotta buy one of them midi cables and figure out how to link my drums to the computers. I also planned to record a bunch of sounds I mentioned to a couple of you via email.
Havoc, just created an acct. Not sure how to join the project. s/n erocka77 (I'm consistent).

erock77

Anyways, I'm on skype fairly frequently. Skype name is: erocka77
I'll admit slacking off, besides developing ideas in my head and email. I gotta buy one of them midi cables and figure out how to link my drums to the computers. I also planned to record a bunch of sounds I mentioned to a couple of you via email.
Havoc, just created an acct. Not sure how to join the project. s/n erocka77 (I'm consistent).

erock77

<br />Anyways, I'm on skype fairly frequently. Skype name is: erocka77
<br />I'll admit slacking off, besides developing ideas in my head and email. I gotta buy one of them midi cables and figure out how to link my drums to the computers. I also planned to record a bunch of sounds I mentioned to a couple of you via email.
<br />Havoc, just created an acct. Not sure how to join the project. s/n erocka77 (I'm consistent).