CF tattoos

bgchastain

My husband has the word BREATHE on the underside of one arm and 65ROSES on the underside of the other arm. His reasoning was to get them in the most painful spot he could think of and to feel like he's joined in the fight with me against CF.

Domv06

I have expiration dates on my back where my lungs are that are a day before my 18th birthday because when I was born that was the high end of life expectancy.

eliqueang

I have "Breathe" on my wrist in my handwriting and my brothers got the same thing done. I'm racking my brain to come up with a new one!! My cousin had cf also and passed away in the spring, so i want something memorial/cf. love tattoos, i have 4 and my docs like them. I'm sure if i was sick he wouldnt like me running out to the tattoo shop lol

aprilcs2009

I have many tattoos. Omg don't limit yourself to everything because there is a 1% chance. anyone can get an infection. I've never had one from a tattoo and i have two dedicated too cf. and many more.. So, go for it.

M

MissAlexsBP

Hi!

I love tattoos! I have 7 and I haven't had any problems with any of them. My friend (and fiance's best man) is really into tattoos and actually orchestrated a tattoo fundraiser in which a portion of the 65 roses tattoos that day was given to a local CF charity. We had many people, most of our friends, show up and get tattooed. It was an amazing time and for a good cause! We started a Facebook group to try and raise awareness. Anyone is welcome to join! :) http://www.facebook.com/groups/8075306991/?ref=ts

Happy tattooing!

ForeverDance

Just yesterday my husband got our Great Strides team logo tattooed on his chest. It is a teddy bear with lungs and the team name above it "Kaylee Bears" (named after our daugher with CF).

bigstar

I know a guy with CF who has a tatoo saying THE END IS NEAR. I didnt like it at all when i first saw it. I thought it was too pessimistic and sad. Over time i realized it was not about death. It was about life.It was about living your life your every day to the fullest. it was about living your every day like you gonna die. Recently it got a new meaning in my mind.
THE END (of cf) IS NEAR.
CHEERS!

CyrilCrodius

... why do you all want to get CF tattoos? Isn't having the disease and having to do tons of stuff every day enough to remind you that you have it?

Getting a CF tattoo would make sense if we got cured, kind of to remind ourselves where we come from... but getting one while we're sick with it... I don't quite understand.

Anyway... if there ever comes a cure, I thought of getting the old Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation logo on my left wrist because it's simple and not cheesy. It would be about 2 cm wide.

CCFF-blue-2003-JPG.jpg

I also thought of getting wings in my back done with blacklight ink.