CF tattoos

running4life

Hey guys!

Thinking of getting "breathe easy" tattooed on me as a reminder of the struggle we face daily. Does anyone have any tattoos that are CF related?

SaraNoH

Just curious, but are our immune systems really that compromised? I've been told by doctors that my immune system is actually a bit better than most people's because it's constantly working on a low level, like a warmed up athlete.

I say if you want one go for it (at least it's not something stupid). We take risks of exposing ourselves every single day, but that doesn't mean we should live in a bubble. As long as it's a clean, reputable shop I don't see why it should be a problem.

A

Allansarmy

Just curious, but are our immune systems really that compromised? I've been told by doctors that my immune system is actually a bit better than most people's because it's constantly working on a low level, like a warmed up athlete.

I say if you want one go for it (at least it's not something stupid). We take risks of exposing ourselves every single day, but that doesn't mean we should live in a bubble. As long as it's a clean, reputable shop I don't see why it should be a problem.

I am sure the doctors/nurses are being cautious when they say that you are putting yourself at risk for getting a tattoo. Diabetics hear the same lecture. However, I agree with SaraNoH here, unless your doctor looks you in the eye and says you will get extremely sick DO NOT do this, then I would respect that decision. But you can't live in a bubble all of your life. I work in the medical field and people put themselves more at risk by going to the grocery store and putting their hands on the carts than they would by getting a tattoo. Well maybe a bad analogy but you get my drift. My son has CF and is 16. If he wants a Tattoo at 18 or 21 which he feels strongly about, then I will let him. But if he comes to me and says, "hey dad I really want to get this game called Halo tattooed on my back......" I would cut him out of my will lol.

running4life

I already have two so I'm not worried about "compromising my immune system". I'm all about keeping healthy but I don't feel this will harm me. That's not my point - just wondering if anyone has any tattoos related to their CF.

dsheldon

I have one on my wrist, it's a rose that has been on many of the "65 Roses" mailers and stuff. I love when people ask me about it and it's meaning. I like the breathe easy idea!

Node

I'm thinking about getting a CF tattoo but none of the designs I see people getting really stick out to me. I guess I'm waiting til I think of that "perfect" image before I get one

DainaMay

I have 6 tattoos and counting. I find that everytime i get a new one, for the first few weeks after i feel kinda crummy and need a antibiotic boost. My docs were always aware and have never told me that it wasnt a good idea to get it.

SaraNoH

I keep looking up other CF tattoos and they're all kind of.... boring, y'know? We need some fresh ideas out there. Usually it's "Just Breathe", "Breathe Easy", "Faith" etc.
My oldest sister was thinking of actually getting 65 single roses tattooed on her back with some pink thrown in since our mom had breast cancer. Ouuuuuch....

mm21missoula

i have "just breathe" on my left pec, it is by far my most beautiful art work! it is inevitably up to you your body, your health, but i think in the larger aspect of things if a tattoo brings you happiness that out weights the risk!

K

katethekid

I have an immune deficiency on top of my CF. I have 2 tattoos and did not have a problem. I have been very caustious though. I let them know about my health problems to ensure they do a good job cleaning the tools before beginning. My brother has a friend who is a tattoo artist and he did both of mine. My next tat is going to be CF related. I was thinking of DNA strands around both wrists with the quote "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away"

nocode

I have 4 tattoos and never had a problem because of them. None of them is CF related, but I have been playing with the idea of getting my mutations tattoed somewhere, sometime. Make it more personal and kind of intriguing if you´re looking from the outside.

M

Mia 65 Roses

Tattoos

Hey guys!

Thinking of getting "breathe easy" tattooed on me as a reminder of the struggle we face daily. Does anyone have any tattoos that are CF related?

Hey dudes.. I'm new to this Cf forum.. Nice to meet everybody. I actually have 5 tattoos and one of them is of course 65 roses.. I love it...

redneckmom

My daughter has CF and is 14, I told her I woiuld get her something at about 16 that she can live with. I am starting to get 65 roses all over my body in different places and my hudband is getting ust breath on his forearms....for our daughter....but just to have people ask what it meansso we can explain and teach people what CF is.

running4life

Thanks for posting that facebook page. I think I'm going to get "just breathe" on my ribs under my arm. Already have an inside bicep tattoo that says "I am my Beloved's" and don't want something too big. In reality, all we want to do is just breathe anyway, right?