Cfrd

TICMOMOFF1

When did you all develop CFRD? Our Whitney has been having difficulties with her sugar the past 2 years and they said that she was pre-diabetic. We seen the Endo doc about 7-8 months ago and her A1C was 5.9 so we thought great she is fine for now but now she is at 7. This is her second tune up for 2013 and she was weaker and coughing and running low fevers. She is only growing MRSA surprisingly but very happy but she was more congested than normal on her Bronch and her lung functions are back to almost normal FEV1 104% AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! after 10 days in and now 11 days in and just found out we need a Endo consult to figure out if she has changed over to CFRD.....ugh....... Anyone with any helpful information on CFRD and any tricks or suggestions on how to manage things & control it or any info would be greatly appreciated.......

Lisa226

I'm 35 and got Diabetes from CF when I was 12 years old. What I have heard is that most CFers who develop CFRD are in their late teens or adults so I got this fairly young. An A1C of 7.0 is high and would tell me she probably needs insulin. I would do another glucose tolerance test to find this out. If she is, in fact, a full-blown diabetic and needs insulin, after a few months of getting the hang of things I would ask for the insulin pump. I'm here if you have any questions.