Changes in ACT when patient is experiencing hemoptysis?

Melissa75

Administrator
We all need to contact our own drs when we have hemoptysis, but I am curious what changes in ACT do you recommend to your patients:

when the bleeding is light, bright red mixed with mucus?

when the bleeding is gulpfuls but very intermittant?

when the bleeding has stopped for several days...i.e. how many days after the gulpfuls do you do low-grade ACT, as long as there is brown blood?

what about when the bleeding tiny but it is during an obvious exacerbation (fever, increased mucus, chest pain)?

(We are all waiting desperately to hear how a beloved member of this site is doing, so I hoped we could distract ourselves with a bit of knowledge sharing here while we wait.)

Melissa75

Administrator
We all need to contact our own drs when we have hemoptysis, but I am curious what changes in ACT do you recommend to your patients:

when the bleeding has stopped for several days...i.e. how many days after the gulpfuls do you do low-grade ACT, as long as there is brown blood?

what about when the bleeding tiny but it is during an obvious exacerbation (fever, increased mucus, chest pain)?

(We are all waiting desperately to hear how a beloved member of this site is doing, so I hoped we could distract ourselves with a bit of knowledge sharing here while we wait.)

Melissa75

Administrator

Melissa75

Administrator

Melissa75

Administrator
<br />
<br />when the bleeding is light, bright red mixed with mucus?
<br />
<br />when the bleeding is gulpfuls but very intermittant?
<br />
<br />when the bleeding has stopped for several days...i.e. how many days after the gulpfuls do you do low-grade ACT, as long as there is brown blood?
<br />
<br />what about when the bleeding tiny but it is during an obvious exacerbation (fever, increased mucus, chest pain)?
<br />
<br />(We are all waiting desperately to hear how a beloved member of this site is doing, so I hoped we could distract ourselves with a bit of knowledge sharing here while we wait.)