child with vest and g-tube

grammakaky

My granddaughter's stomach hurts her after she has her treatments with her vest. She complains of stomachaches afterward. We are wondering if it has to do with her g-tube connection. What ideas do you have to work around the vest treatment and her g-tube. She is almost 3 and is starting to cry during treatments.

grammakaky

My granddaughter's stomach hurts her after she has her treatments with her vest. She complains of stomachaches afterward. We are wondering if it has to do with her g-tube connection. What ideas do you have to work around the vest treatment and her g-tube. She is almost 3 and is starting to cry during treatments.

grammakaky

hmw

I don't know which vest you have, but HillRom will send you a foam thing you can put between your child's shirt and the vest to help cushion the area around the gtube if she is experiencing discomfort. When she first had hers placed we folded a small towel (hand towel sized) and placed it over the site under the vest and this helped.

Emily occasionally has discomfort around her tube area- at the moment she has a granuloma we are treating to try and shrink it. I would investigate to see if there is anything going on that could be causing pain- granuloma, a lot of oozing that could be causing irritation when the vest rubs against it (in which case make sure the site is clean and dry before starting- this is another thing Emily is picky about), is her button a really tight fit right now (possibly she needs a bigger/longer one?) I'd also never do the vest on a really full stomach or while she has a feed running.

hmw

I don't know which vest you have, but HillRom will send you a foam thing you can put between your child's shirt and the vest to help cushion the area around the gtube if she is experiencing discomfort. When she first had hers placed we folded a small towel (hand towel sized) and placed it over the site under the vest and this helped.

Emily occasionally has discomfort around her tube area- at the moment she has a granuloma we are treating to try and shrink it. I would investigate to see if there is anything going on that could be causing pain- granuloma, a lot of oozing that could be causing irritation when the vest rubs against it (in which case make sure the site is clean and dry before starting- this is another thing Emily is picky about), is her button a really tight fit right now (possibly she needs a bigger/longer one?) I'd also never do the vest on a really full stomach or while she has a feed running.

hmw

<br />
<br />Emily occasionally has discomfort around her tube area- at the moment she has a granuloma we are treating to try and shrink it. I would investigate to see if there is anything going on that could be causing pain- granuloma, a lot of oozing that could be causing irritation when the vest rubs against it (in which case make sure the site is clean and dry before starting- this is another thing Emily is picky about), is her button a really tight fit right now (possibly she needs a bigger/longer one?) I'd also never do the vest on a really full stomach or while she has a feed running.

grammakaky

Harriett, thank you so much for your reply. It seems to be mostly after her treatments and she just started her vest last week. Im forwarding the infor to my daughter.

grammakaky

Harriett, thank you so much for your reply. It seems to be mostly after her treatments and she just started her vest last week. Im forwarding the infor to my daughter.

grammakaky

hockeykid

I was told by my center to use the blue contour foam as mentioned above. I was also told to keep the last buckle on the vest as loose as possible or open. Ii also put extra split gauze around my Mic-key before using my vest.

hockeykid

I was told by my center to use the blue contour foam as mentioned above. I was also told to keep the last buckle on the vest as loose as possible or open. Ii also put extra split gauze around my Mic-key before using my vest.

hockeykid

S

scheesman

my daughter uses the smart vest and uses the blue memory foam with it. you should also probably wait a few hrs after feedings. you gotta think its probably like drinking a gallon of milk then riding down railroad tracks. hope you get passed this.

S

scheesman

my daughter uses the smart vest and uses the blue memory foam with it. you should also probably wait a few hrs after feedings. you gotta think its probably like drinking a gallon of milk then riding down railroad tracks. hope you get passed this.

S

scheesman