Children's Hospital Pittsburgh CF Clinic

jshet

Hi. Was wondeing if any of your kids go to the cf clinic at children's hosp. pgh. My sons doctor unfortunately is retiring in July, and we need to choose a new doc. withen the practice. I have 2 doctors i am considering, and 1 that is a definate no.
Besides being a great doctor, we need one with a great bedside manner who is super patient. My son also has autism, and appointments can be more difficult because of it. Communication is tough between my son and doctors since he doesn't really speak to to them. His current doc is very patient and creative to get my son to cooperate. The doc definetly must be soft spoken and also be willing to think outside the box. Would love any suggestions.
thank you all so much, jshet

Aboveallislove

Super Moderator
Thought I'd bump you in case others missed this. Also, wondering if you have any thoughts on the Satter material? (PM if you want to discuss; I "speak" Ellyn here and there and have the utmost respect for her.)

B

Beaz

We saw Dr. Daniel Weiner at CHOP, before he moved to Pittsburgh, and thought he was the most wonderful doctor ever!

jshet

Thank you so much Beaz. Dr Weiner is actually one we are considering along with Dr Spaher. My son is familiar with Dr Spaher from inpatient stays, and he is great also. we are scheduled to see Dr Spaher at the next clinic visit hoping my son will be comfortable with him , but was told if we are not happy, we can try Dr Weiner at the following visit. I know all of the doctors there are great, and more than capable. It comes down to who can handle all of the other complications my son presents with and be patient with him while they are doing it.
The appointment is scheduled, and i am still going back and forth in my mind, lol.

beautifulsoul

Super Moderator
I had my double lung transplant from CHOP. I came to know the transplant dr.'s well before my tx and after. I only see them once a year now but I know Dr. Spahr, I've seen him the past two years I've gone for a visit and he is great! I recommend him! Who is retiring?