chiropractor

Bella's-mom

Just wondering what your thoughts are on chiropractic care for a cfer. Does it help? Does it improve lung function and overall well being. Considering it for my daughter.

D

DrRoe

Just curious what treatment are you seeking from a chiropractor? My own experience with them has been purely spinal manipulation, as I have a bad upper back, but I am unclear as to their value/usefulness in CF. I would hesitate in engaging in spinal manipulation if I had CF as a fairly high percentage of teens and adults with CF have low bone density so are more prone to fractures... I am not sure about bone density in children but if you want to read more about this you might take a look at this article http://www.cfww.org/pub/english/cfwnl/9/399/Bone_Disease_in_Cystic_Fibrosis

rorystyris

Lungs are most important part for the body, we can't live while is there any damage is happens for that. But if any thing happens no need to worried about it, we are lucky because we are having super specialty clinic centers and good doctors here.

B

bluewriter

Spinal manipulation over a long period of time can improve lung function and help with chronic cough. Plus, if you lack a vest, they sometimes have water massage beds that can help in that respect too. Definitely check into bone density though as know one with anything like osteoporosis should receive chiropractic care.

azdesertrat

I had chiropractic adjustments fairly frequently, pre-transplant.
Since I drove a truck for a living, it seemed to help me. Driving for 12-14 hours a day, 5 days a week, is rough on your body.
My back & hips were bugging me quite a bit & chiropractic seemed to help.
It also depends on who is doing the manipulation.
My chiropractor was a small, petite lady with a very gentle touch.
I would never have a mn as my chiropractor. It seems like they 'man-handle' you to me.
I don't know if chiropractic helped my breathing, but as goes the back, so goes the rest of the body.
If your skeletal system is feeling good it is just natural that the rest of you will follow.
I was told by my Trans team that I am under no circumstance to see a chiropractor post-trans. I've had too many surgeries and if I was manipulated now, it would do more harm than good.
I do treat myself to a massage sometimes. As long as the maseusse is aware of your medical past. I highly reccomend the massage for all you that have had a transplant.
Take care, hope y'all are well, 'Pat'.

4hats

All the coughing with cf throws a lot of stuff off in our body. I find chiropractic adjustments necessary to put things back in place. I don't worry about the chiropractor "breaking" something.

basiltone

Lungs are one of the most useful part for our body, this is having more priority and functions in body. But today most of the people are suffering with the lung cancer, because they used to do smoking, taking drugs and drinking etc....

B

BridgetLagrecan

Lungs are one of the most useful part for our body, this is having more priority and functions in body. But today most of the people are suffering with the lung cancer, because they used to do smoking, taking drugs and drinking etc....

thank you guys. i will be going to chiropractor as iam suffering from breathing problem. and thank you raoe for this article it was very useful http://www.cfww.org/pub/english/cfwn...ystic_Fibrosis