cholesterol issues and CF?

Charlene

I am pancreatic sufficient, so I'm not sure if this will be the same, but I always had low cholesterol until this last year. I eat a high calorie, high protein, high fat diet. Im am 5'4" and weighed between 95-105 until this last year. For some reason everything seemed to catch up with me this year. I gained to 130 and my cholesterol went up 75 points. They put me on a really low dose medicine to help keep it under control. I was told it was better to give me meds for the cholesterol than to change my diet. I am almost 50 years old and still have FEV1 of about 1.5 so they don't want to change alot that might affect my cf.
Hope you have as good of results.

Charlene

I am pancreatic sufficient, so I'm not sure if this will be the same, but I always had low cholesterol until this last year. I eat a high calorie, high protein, high fat diet. Im am 5'4" and weighed between 95-105 until this last year. For some reason everything seemed to catch up with me this year. I gained to 130 and my cholesterol went up 75 points. They put me on a really low dose medicine to help keep it under control. I was told it was better to give me meds for the cholesterol than to change my diet. I am almost 50 years old and still have FEV1 of about 1.5 so they don't want to change alot that might affect my cf.
Hope you have as good of results.

Charlene

<br />Hope you have as good of results.

CountryGirl

Just as a side note, seafood can make your cholesteral go up as well. Not permanently I dont think, but I mean if you eat a high seafood diet it might could cause problems. Last lent I had bouts of it and so I made sure I hadnt eaten seafood near the times I got my blood drawn.

CountryGirl

Just as a side note, seafood can make your cholesteral go up as well. Not permanently I dont think, but I mean if you eat a high seafood diet it might could cause problems. Last lent I had bouts of it and so I made sure I hadnt eaten seafood near the times I got my blood drawn.

CountryGirl