Choosing a center

BMan

Hello there,
OK..I am completely new to this forum...hence replying as I do not know how to open a topic. I have a question for those of you who have been tranplanted. My son received his double lung tranplant Nov. 2006...he has had about 3 rounds of rejection since and at the moment is in the hospital with a middle R lobe pneumonia.....I have just been informed that along with his usual MRSA..he has cultured positive for Aspergillius!!!! His PFTs went from an 80 on Sept. 20th to 50 on Oct. 29th...home numbers were steady until the 26 and then they started a huge decline obviously!! I always feared Aspergillus, anyone of you have experience with this fungus! Poor guy is scared...he lost a friend due to that specific fungus just before he got transplanted.

BMan

Hello there,
OK..I am completely new to this forum...hence replying as I do not know how to open a topic. I have a question for those of you who have been tranplanted. My son received his double lung tranplant Nov. 2006...he has had about 3 rounds of rejection since and at the moment is in the hospital with a middle R lobe pneumonia.....I have just been informed that along with his usual MRSA..he has cultured positive for Aspergillius!!!! His PFTs went from an 80 on Sept. 20th to 50 on Oct. 29th...home numbers were steady until the 26 and then they started a huge decline obviously!! I always feared Aspergillus, anyone of you have experience with this fungus! Poor guy is scared...he lost a friend due to that specific fungus just before he got transplanted.

BMan

Hello there,

BMan

Hello there,

BMan

Hello there,