Chronic Ear and sinus infections?

AnnieT

I have chronic ongoing ear infections as well as sinus buildup. It's very uncomfortable, I can't hear and I had sinus surg. in 2004 and it was totally useless.

Does anyone else have chronic ear infections? What do you for it?

AnnieT

I have chronic ongoing ear infections as well as sinus buildup. It's very uncomfortable, I can't hear and I had sinus surg. in 2004 and it was totally useless.

Does anyone else have chronic ear infections? What do you for it?

AnnieT

<br />
<br />Does anyone else have chronic ear infections? What do you for it?

PepperKitty

I get ear infections all the time. My ears constantly itch & are also painful! Fluids tend to build up behind my eardrums, so I can't hear. When this happens my ears will also feel "full".

Do you have an ENT doctor? My ENT placed tubes in my ears 3 years ago. They helped my infections & hearing greatly. A test can be done to show how much pressure is behind the eardrums. It's usually done at the same time as a hearing test. Steriods help my ears & sinuses some, but have destroyed my bones.

Surprisingly ear problems aren't common in CF. I didn't have many ear problems until about 10 years ago when I had a Frontal Sinus Obliteration. It was suppose fix my severe sinus issues, but only made them worse! I have massive sinus problems even for CF. They make me misserable!

Sorry I can't help much. I just wanted you to know you're not alone.

PepperKitty

I get ear infections all the time. My ears constantly itch & are also painful! Fluids tend to build up behind my eardrums, so I can't hear. When this happens my ears will also feel "full".

Do you have an ENT doctor? My ENT placed tubes in my ears 3 years ago. They helped my infections & hearing greatly. A test can be done to show how much pressure is behind the eardrums. It's usually done at the same time as a hearing test. Steriods help my ears & sinuses some, but have destroyed my bones.

Surprisingly ear problems aren't common in CF. I didn't have many ear problems until about 10 years ago when I had a Frontal Sinus Obliteration. It was suppose fix my severe sinus issues, but only made them worse! I have massive sinus problems even for CF. They make me misserable!

PepperKitty

<br />
<br />Do you have an ENT doctor? My ENT placed tubes in my ears 3 years ago. They helped my infections & hearing greatly. A test can be done to show how much pressure is behind the eardrums. It's usually done at the same time as a hearing test. Steriods help my ears & sinuses some, but have destroyed my bones.
<br />
<br />Surprisingly ear problems aren't common in CF. I didn't have many ear problems until about 10 years ago when I had a Frontal Sinus Obliteration. It was suppose fix my severe sinus issues, but only made them worse! I have massive sinus problems even for CF. They make me misserable!
<br />
<br />Sorry I can't help much. I just wanted you to know you're not alone.

PepperKitty

PepperKitty

PepperKitty

<br />
<br />Do you have an ENT doctor? My ENT placed tubes in my ears 3 years ago. They helped my infections & hearing greatly. A test can be done to show how much pressure is behind the eardrums. It's usually done at the same time as a hearing test. Steriods help my ears & sinuses some, but have destroyed my bones.
<br />
<br />Surprisingly ear problems aren't common in CF. I didn't have many ear problems until about 10 years ago when I had a Frontal Sinus Obliteration. It was suppose fix my severe sinus issues, but only made them worse! I have massive sinus problems even for CF. They make me misserable!
<br />
<br />Sorry I can't help much. I just wanted you to know you're not alone.

M

MCGrad2006

What do your ear infections feel like? I have been having a lot of pain in my left ear, but ONLY at night. I don't recall ever having an ear infection in my life so I don't really know what to expect.

My thinking is that my pain is related to my sinuses being so blocked. I was recently on Zyvox for two weeks and my sinus pain was gone completely, but a few days after I stopped the Zyvox the pain in my sinuses came back along with sever pain in my ears at nights (when I fall asleep on that side).

Is that what ear infections feel like? Or do they usually hurt during the day too?

M

MCGrad2006

What do your ear infections feel like? I have been having a lot of pain in my left ear, but ONLY at night. I don't recall ever having an ear infection in my life so I don't really know what to expect.

My thinking is that my pain is related to my sinuses being so blocked. I was recently on Zyvox for two weeks and my sinus pain was gone completely, but a few days after I stopped the Zyvox the pain in my sinuses came back along with sever pain in my ears at nights (when I fall asleep on that side).

Is that what ear infections feel like? Or do they usually hurt during the day too?

M

MCGrad2006

<br />
<br />My thinking is that my pain is related to my sinuses being so blocked. I was recently on Zyvox for two weeks and my sinus pain was gone completely, but a few days after I stopped the Zyvox the pain in my sinuses came back along with sever pain in my ears at nights (when I fall asleep on that side).
<br />
<br />Is that what ear infections feel like? Or do they usually hurt during the day too?

AnnieT

I have constant fluid buildup and it's so disgusting. I can't hear. I had tubes when I was a kid but they didn't help much. I still have holes in my eardrums so constantly have fluid there all the time. It's sooooo gross and the pressure makes me throw up.

I never heard of Zyvox.

AnnieT

I have constant fluid buildup and it's so disgusting. I can't hear. I had tubes when I was a kid but they didn't help much. I still have holes in my eardrums so constantly have fluid there all the time. It's sooooo gross and the pressure makes me throw up.

I never heard of Zyvox.

AnnieT

<br />
<br />I never heard of Zyvox.

ES

My son also has chronic and severe ear infections,(usually given Augmentin to treat) Do any other children also have this symptom?

ES

My son also has chronic and severe ear infections,(usually given Augmentin to treat) Do any other children also have this symptom?

ES