Clinical Trials

lmattaway

I"m doing the Denufosol study right now, originally only for 6 months and now I've committed to a whole year. I get compensated for "travel expenses" plus each office visit, for a total of around 700 dollars. I've done a good handful of studies over the years and have always gotten compensation, especially when they involve office visits. In addition to the money, I often get new equipment (nebulizers and compressors) that I get to keep. I've found that if you ask, they will give!

lmattaway

I"m doing the Denufosol study right now, originally only for 6 months and now I've committed to a whole year. I get compensated for "travel expenses" plus each office visit, for a total of around 700 dollars. I've done a good handful of studies over the years and have always gotten compensation, especially when they involve office visits. In addition to the money, I often get new equipment (nebulizers and compressors) that I get to keep. I've found that if you ask, they will give!

lmattaway

lmattaway

lmattaway

bluebelle

wow! we just finished the year long study in Sept...we did get 2 new nebulizers and plenty of pari's but no compensation...that really confuses me...

bluebelle

wow! we just finished the year long study in Sept...we did get 2 new nebulizers and plenty of pari's but no compensation...that really confuses me...

bluebelle

bluebelle

bluebelle

ashleydog

I think it depends on who ( or what) is funding the study. Drug companies can build more compensation into the budget for a trial. If it is a smaller scale study, they may not be able to afford to do much for compensation. Beyond that, the amount of effort, risk, and time you have to put in is likely a factor. I have been in some studies that involved 5 min of my time and no risk, all the way to high risk, multiple blood draws, and hospital stays.

ashleydog

I think it depends on who ( or what) is funding the study. Drug companies can build more compensation into the budget for a trial. If it is a smaller scale study, they may not be able to afford to do much for compensation. Beyond that, the amount of effort, risk, and time you have to put in is likely a factor. I have been in some studies that involved 5 min of my time and no risk, all the way to high risk, multiple blood draws, and hospital stays.

ashleydog

ashleydog

ashleydog