Cold medications

Havoc

Magnesium IV sucks, I've only given it 2 or 3 times. Patients report a very uncomfortable hot flash. I just wanted you to be prepared in case you have to go that route.

JennifersHope

I have had it several times, they always try that before I have been intubated, I have been intubated more times then you can count on two hands...

I do feel hot from it but when it works, it works great, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.... I have declined slightly tonight and most likely will go in for it, I am hoping to wait till the morning....since everyone at my house is already in bed!!!

Thanks for the warning...

JennifersHope

I have had it several times, they always try that before I have been intubated, I have been intubated more times then you can count on two hands...

I do feel hot from it but when it works, it works great, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.... I have declined slightly tonight and most likely will go in for it, I am hoping to wait till the morning....since everyone at my house is already in bed!!!

JennifersHope

B

bethylove

if I'm truly miserable with a cold I'll take a dose of children's cold medicine before bed.Children's cold meds are the only things I can find that DO NOT have acetaminophen in them (granted a lot of them do but a majority of them don't) and having liver issues I try not to take acetaminophen if I don't have to. I mostly the highest dosage (usually goes by age or weight) and hit the hay. The children's meds have just enough decongestant/cough suppressant/ antihistamine to help me get to sleep and have a good nights' rest without suppressing my cough all night like adult meds do. 4 out of 5 times I feel worlds better in the morning after taking one dose of kiddie cold syrup. In all honesty I think its the solid night of sleep, but I wouldn't be able to get it without taking some cold syrup.

If I feel really sinusy I make some hot tea water and then put a few drops of tea-tree oil in the mug and place my head in the steam and throw a towel over my head and the mug (trapping the steam) and just relax and breathe through my nose a few minutes. Tea-tree oil is said to have antibacterial agents so it helps get rid of the yuckies in your nose. Plus its just relaxing. Think steam-facial at a spa.

B

bethylove

if I'm truly miserable with a cold I'll take a dose of children's cold medicine before bed.Children's cold meds are the only things I can find that DO NOT have acetaminophen in them (granted a lot of them do but a majority of them don't) and having liver issues I try not to take acetaminophen if I don't have to. I mostly the highest dosage (usually goes by age or weight) and hit the hay. The children's meds have just enough decongestant/cough suppressant/ antihistamine to help me get to sleep and have a good nights' rest without suppressing my cough all night like adult meds do. 4 out of 5 times I feel worlds better in the morning after taking one dose of kiddie cold syrup. In all honesty I think its the solid night of sleep, but I wouldn't be able to get it without taking some cold syrup.

If I feel really sinusy I make some hot tea water and then put a few drops of tea-tree oil in the mug and place my head in the steam and throw a towel over my head and the mug (trapping the steam) and just relax and breathe through my nose a few minutes. Tea-tree oil is said to have antibacterial agents so it helps get rid of the yuckies in your nose. Plus its just relaxing. Think steam-facial at a spa.

B

bethylove