cold turned into bronchitis

missT

Hi all, I had a cold last week---the usual---coughing--mucus, sneezing, stuffy nose....misery It has now turned into Bronchitis and I cannot breath. There is a heat wave in NYC which is making breathing outside (not an option). I am currently on a azithromycin (500 mg) once a day. Xopenex, spiriva, pulmozyme, vest. My pft's are in the 40's. I sooooo didnt need this. I cannot leave the a/c. My lungs are full of inflammation, tighness, and mucus. I am sooooo depressed and deflated.
Please, anyone who might have advice..I called my CF center but I know my doc will only prescibe me what I am already on. Has anyone taken prednisone for bronchitis? Should I start this?
Also, please give me ANY pointers on helping build my immune system. I get sick just looking at someone who is sick. I am really at the end of my rope here.

-------------------------
39yrCF**female**W1282X and R117H

missT

Hi all, I had a cold last week---the usual---coughing--mucus, sneezing, stuffy nose....misery It has now turned into Bronchitis and I cannot breath. There is a heat wave in NYC which is making breathing outside (not an option). I am currently on a azithromycin (500 mg) once a day. Xopenex, spiriva, pulmozyme, vest. My pft's are in the 40's. I sooooo didnt need this. I cannot leave the a/c. My lungs are full of inflammation, tighness, and mucus. I am sooooo depressed and deflated.
Please, anyone who might have advice..I called my CF center but I know my doc will only prescibe me what I am already on. Has anyone taken prednisone for bronchitis? Should I start this?
Also, please give me ANY pointers on helping build my immune system. I get sick just looking at someone who is sick. I am really at the end of my rope here.

-------------------------
39yrCF**female**W1282X and R117H

missT

<br />Please, anyone who might have advice..I called my CF center but I know my doc will only prescibe me what I am already on. Has anyone taken prednisone for bronchitis? Should I start this?
<br />Also, please give me ANY pointers on helping build my immune system. I get sick just looking at someone who is sick. I am really at the end of my rope here.
<br />
<br />-------------------------
<br />39yrCF**female**W1282X and R117H

cf4life

If it were me, I'd be requesting to leave a sputum culture in case antibiotics are in your future. If no fever, I'd consider asking for a burst of prednisone. If you have had a fever, then an x-ray should be done to check for pneumonia, etc, and consider antibiotics if it lasts more then a couple days.

As far as your immune system, the fact that you are "depressed and deflated" is not helping. Make sure you talk to someone about your depression. Getting proper rest and avoiding stress goes a long way. If you are having trouble sleeping, make sure you talk to someone about that as well. Also, make sure you are getting proper exercise to keep yourself strong. If you have trouble excercising or lack the motivation request pulmonary rehab to help get you started. If you build yourself back up mentally and physically your immune system will improve tremendously.

cf4life

If it were me, I'd be requesting to leave a sputum culture in case antibiotics are in your future. If no fever, I'd consider asking for a burst of prednisone. If you have had a fever, then an x-ray should be done to check for pneumonia, etc, and consider antibiotics if it lasts more then a couple days.

As far as your immune system, the fact that you are "depressed and deflated" is not helping. Make sure you talk to someone about your depression. Getting proper rest and avoiding stress goes a long way. If you are having trouble sleeping, make sure you talk to someone about that as well. Also, make sure you are getting proper exercise to keep yourself strong. If you have trouble excercising or lack the motivation request pulmonary rehab to help get you started. If you build yourself back up mentally and physically your immune system will improve tremendously.

cf4life

<br />
<br />As far as your immune system, the fact that you are "depressed and deflated" is not helping. Make sure you talk to someone about your depression. Getting proper rest and avoiding stress goes a long way. If you are having trouble sleeping, make sure you talk to someone about that as well. Also, make sure you are getting proper exercise to keep yourself strong. If you have trouble excercising or lack the motivation request pulmonary rehab to help get you started. If you build yourself back up mentally and physically your immune system will improve tremendously.

Giggles

I think for Bronchitis they prescribe antiobiotics,maybe? I would talk to doc. When I get increased cough I go on 2 weeks of Cipro before doing the whole tune up thing. Maybe ask about trying the Cayston???? Good Luck hope you feel better! Oh, also try some Mucinex that might help brake some junk up. But good idea to go to doc, do sputum culture and take it from there.....

Jennifer 38 with Cf and Cfrd

Giggles

I think for Bronchitis they prescribe antiobiotics,maybe? I would talk to doc. When I get increased cough I go on 2 weeks of Cipro before doing the whole tune up thing. Maybe ask about trying the Cayston???? Good Luck hope you feel better! Oh, also try some Mucinex that might help brake some junk up. But good idea to go to doc, do sputum culture and take it from there.....

Jennifer 38 with Cf and Cfrd

Giggles

<br />
<br />Jennifer 38 with Cf and Cfrd