Colistin

jmkglover

Does anyone take the nebulized Colistin? Can it be used in a micropump vibrating mesh nebulizer such as the aeroneb go? Does it taste bad?

CFSanDiego

My daughter just started this for a 6 month eradication protocol of pseudomonas. The gave us the eflow treo nebulizer to go with it. She is prescribed 75 mg/3ml morning and night. She is sooooo picky that if it tasted really bad she would show it. Only takes 4 minutes to nebulize. Super easy. The treo is fantastic and doesn't make a sound!

CFSanDiego

Thanks for sharing. I hadn't seen this article but our instructions are to mix right before use then throw remainder away. I am a little concerned they didn't further emphasize the risks of this drug, especially after it "cooks" for so long.

jmkglover

My daughter just started this for a 6 month eradication protocol of pseudomonas. The gave us the eflow treo nebulizer to go with it. She is prescribed 75 mg/3ml morning and night. She is sooooo picky that if it tasted really bad she would show it. Only takes 4 minutes to nebulize. Super easy. The treo is fantastic and doesn't make a sound!
Thanks so much for the info. I also have the eflow treo so it's good to know I can use it.

jmkglover

Thanks for the information. I will be mixing the dose just before use as well but it is good to know as much information so I could be prepared should something happen.