Continuous Ceftazadime?

Jane

Digital opinion leader
Jesse was admitted today and is now on continuous ceftaz. Apparently it is more effective when there s a constant level.

My question is, have any of you been on continuous ceftaz? Can you do it at home? Can it be delivered with an eclipse ball?

Wondering about next week - Jess is done with school, but has senior week and graduation.

Thanks!

J

jmv

I've never done ceftaz continuously but when I've been on zosyn, they run that continuously. The actual dose is every four hours and they just barely run it in between. So when I do that at home, I'm on a pump throughout the night but I get my daytime doses in the eclipse ball every four hours so that I don't have to be constantly hooked up to a pump. I'm not sure if the ceftaz is the same every four hour dose as zosyn but something to look in to!

keefer11

Ceftazamine is my favorite IV drug because it is so easy! They should definitely be able to send you home on it. It's a push IV(it's in a gigantic syringe) and you just have to push it slowly so that you dose it over 5 minutes. I believe it is every 8 hours(its been a long time & im resistant now) Just make sure to be diligent and dose it as close to every 8 hours as possible. It's super easy. Ask your doctor if you can do it at home. They should be accommodating.