Corus Pharma's Phase III Trial for Cystic Fibrosis Drug

gsplover

Is anyone or has anyone else done this trial?

Monterey, California, USA -- Corus Pharma's Phase III trial for aztreonam lysinate for inhalation (AI) is a multi-center, blinded, placebo-controlled trial that will be conducted in 50 CF centers in the United States. It will evaluate the safety and efficacy of AI in patients with pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa, bacteria that commonly infect the lungs of CF patients.

Aztreonam is an antibiotic that is currently approved in an intravenous form to treat a broad spectrum of gram-negative bacteria, including Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Inhaled delivery increases the concentration of the drug at the site of infection as compared to intravenous administration.

Corus has chosen to work closely with PARI Aerosol Research Institute to develop the inhalation formulation and deliver AI with eFlow. eFlow's advances give AI an approximate delivery time of less than three minutes as shown in Corus's Phase II trial. Currently other therapies using jet nebulizers take 15-20 minutes to deliver aerosolized antibiotic doses.

gsplover

Is anyone or has anyone else done this trial?

Monterey, California, USA -- Corus Pharma's Phase III trial for aztreonam lysinate for inhalation (AI) is a multi-center, blinded, placebo-controlled trial that will be conducted in 50 CF centers in the United States. It will evaluate the safety and efficacy of AI in patients with pulmonary Pseudomonas aeruginosa, bacteria that commonly infect the lungs of CF patients.

Aztreonam is an antibiotic that is currently approved in an intravenous form to treat a broad spectrum of gram-negative bacteria, including Pseudomonas aeruginosa. Inhaled delivery increases the concentration of the drug at the site of infection as compared to intravenous administration.

Corus has chosen to work closely with PARI Aerosol Research Institute to develop the inhalation formulation and deliver AI with eFlow. eFlow's advances give AI an approximate delivery time of less than three minutes as shown in Corus's Phase II trial. Currently other therapies using jet nebulizers take 15-20 minutes to deliver aerosolized antibiotic doses.

Sunnie

I did the trial. Wasn't told if I had the drug or the placebo but my lung function went from 40 % to 48% during the trial. Was kind of sad when it was over. And I loved the eflow.

Sunnie

I did the trial. Wasn't told if I had the drug or the placebo but my lung function went from 40 % to 48% during the trial. Was kind of sad when it was over. And I loved the eflow.