coughing... causes contractions?

tinamarie4685

I read recently on a pregnancy website that some women have had early contractions (braxton hicks) due to coughing a lot .. has this ever happened to any of you??

I'm 5 months pregnant, and when I cough it is usually HARD coughing.... especially in the mornings- I almost throw up! Just want to know if this is something that can happen...

tinamarie4685

I read recently on a pregnancy website that some women have had early contractions (braxton hicks) due to coughing a lot .. has this ever happened to any of you??

I'm 5 months pregnant, and when I cough it is usually HARD coughing.... especially in the mornings- I almost throw up! Just want to know if this is something that can happen...

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

tinamarie4685

K

Keepercjr

Tina
Well just about every woman with CF coughs a lot (and hard) during pregnancy - I know I did. Braxton Hicks contractions are very common and nothing to worry about. I started feeling them at 14 weeks and I went full term with Logan. Preterm labor is different from braxton hicks. BH contrax don't change your cervix, preterm labor contrax do. Don't worry too much about what you read on pregnancy websites - they're often full of people who don't know what they're talking about. I know on babycenter, there are women on there swearing (and getting angry if you say they're wrong) that they're feeling their babies move at 8 weeks pregnant - totally impossible.

K

Keepercjr

Tina
Well just about every woman with CF coughs a lot (and hard) during pregnancy - I know I did. Braxton Hicks contractions are very common and nothing to worry about. I started feeling them at 14 weeks and I went full term with Logan. Preterm labor is different from braxton hicks. BH contrax don't change your cervix, preterm labor contrax do. Don't worry too much about what you read on pregnancy websites - they're often full of people who don't know what they're talking about. I know on babycenter, there are women on there swearing (and getting angry if you say they're wrong) that they're feeling their babies move at 8 weeks pregnant - totally impossible.

K

Keepercjr

Tina

K

Keepercjr

Tina

K

Keepercjr

Tina

tara

Personally I don't think coughing causes contractions.

I started having noticeable braxton hicks at 30 weeks. I'm sure I had them before hand, but it was never pointed out to me, so I didn't realize they were even happening. I had the BH contractions (very strong) until I delivered twins with an elective c-section at 38 weeks. I never went into labor. I like to believe the contractions are to get baby ready for delivery. It has to do with uterus size and how far it can be stretched. That stretching limit is different for everyone.

Good news is, Braxton hicks don't hurt, but they can take your breath away when you're full term.

tara

I started having noticeable braxton hicks at 30 weeks. I'm sure I had them before hand, but it was never pointed out to me, so I didn't realize they were even happening. I had the BH contractions (very strong) until I delivered twins with an elective c-section at 38 weeks. I never went into labor. I like to believe the contractions are to get baby ready for delivery. It has to do with uterus size and how far it can be stretched. That stretching limit is different for everyone.

Good news is, Braxton hicks don't hurt, but they can take your breath away when you're full term.

tara

tara

tara

MamatoAlexa

When I was pg with Alexa I coughed so hard that I threw up just about every day.
I had 1st tri morning sickness. A few weeks of not throwing up and then heartburn so bad it would make me cough, which led to more coughing which led to throwing up. I had braxton hicks contraction, which are like practice contraction, a normal part of pregnancy. They help get your uterus for the real deal and are harmless.

With this pregnancy I have had more CF coughing - not heartburn induced like with Alexa's pregnancy. A few weeks ago I started having awful and I mean awful coughing fits, they would keep me from sleeping or wake me up and keep me up for hours. It was awful. I was coughing more but I was also getting nervous and it seems anxiety was playing a part in making me cough more. I started taking more magnesium and taking Pulmozyme twice a day ( I was taking it once a day before) and the cough is now back to usual. Around this time (25 weeks or so) I was having some real contractions. If I drank a bunch of water and rested they went away. I think anxiety over coughing and dehydration played a role in the contractions. Now that I am making a conscience effort to relax and drink more waterr along with the extra magnesium and Pulmozyme things are better.

MamatoAlexa

When I was pg with Alexa I coughed so hard that I threw up just about every day.
I had 1st tri morning sickness. A few weeks of not throwing up and then heartburn so bad it would make me cough, which led to more coughing which led to throwing up. I had braxton hicks contraction, which are like practice contraction, a normal part of pregnancy. They help get your uterus for the real deal and are harmless.

With this pregnancy I have had more CF coughing - not heartburn induced like with Alexa's pregnancy. A few weeks ago I started having awful and I mean awful coughing fits, they would keep me from sleeping or wake me up and keep me up for hours. It was awful. I was coughing more but I was also getting nervous and it seems anxiety was playing a part in making me cough more. I started taking more magnesium and taking Pulmozyme twice a day ( I was taking it once a day before) and the cough is now back to usual. Around this time (25 weeks or so) I was having some real contractions. If I drank a bunch of water and rested they went away. I think anxiety over coughing and dehydration played a role in the contractions. Now that I am making a conscience effort to relax and drink more waterr along with the extra magnesium and Pulmozyme things are better.

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa

MamatoAlexa