Coughing, infection cycle..

momofcfprincess

Well said.... Jennywotherspoon! Thank you for that encouragement. As a Mom of a child with CF, life ways on me constantly. I am always asking myself.. Is there anything I could do different to improve my daughters health? I read all the posts on here trying to gain as much knowledge from you guys. It's a daily battle because these are our babies! At the end of the day I want to know I did everything I could and the rest is in God's hands.

debs2girls

We are still in the hospital but hopefully going home soon. I did talk to the doctor about using inhaled Vanco. He said he would try it, along with another inhaled antibiotic on a two week on, two week off rotation. He said the inhaled Vanco isnt for everyone, so we will see.

2005CFmom

Super Moderator
My dd said the Vanco tastes horrible. My dd would keep a hard candy in her mouth while she is doing the neb.... That and have a drink near by. Now that she has had several rounds, it doesn't seem to bother her as much. She can make it through without the candy or the drink. Hopefully you will have good results with the Vanco.

LeChampion

WOW!!! HELLO!!! Your DD has CF!!! For the rest oh her life (given the lack of a cure) she will be coughing and fighting infections. Coughing is her FRIEND. Coughing brings up the mucus that if allowed to remain will cause lung damage.

I really don't know what you are asking for.

Bill

Bill, you are a complete ass. I admittedly do not read the boards very much, but every time I do, and I see a comment of yours, it always possesses a condescending undertone. I think you are one of those old men that reminds us of a crazy uncle who thinks he knows everything or has had every disease known to man and is all to glad to tell you his symptoms how he beat it, and just what a tough bird he is. You were diagnosed at 47, so your CF is more than likely not as severe as the rest of us, however I get the impression that you like your "CF title" so people can admire you for being the old man with CF. PI Mac, what the hell is that? I am sure you introduce yourself to others, "Hi, I'm printer I am 72 with CF, PI, MAC and CFRD, let me tell you my complete medical history so you can admire what a great man I am". You post a heck of a lot on here and it's never anything substantial, probably because you have no life and nothing else to do.

Just because one with CF coughs doesn't mean a regular infection cycle is "normal". I was not symptomatic with the respiratory symptoms of CF until I was 16, so I can assure my parents would have had the same mentality of the original poster.

Congrats on being the patriarch of an internet message board....you crazy, mean jerk....hope you run out of ink.

T

terypowel

Everyone should take very good care of their health. Most of the people suffers from coughing and other kinds infections these days. If anybody is facing extreme level of coughing infection then he or she should consult with a doctor as soon as possible in order to get relief from such kind of disease.