Coughing up blood first time - 17 YO female

artobsessed

This morning I coughed up a fairly small clot of blood for the first time, and upon more coughing learned that I have bloody mucus. This is the first time this has ever happened to me. I am on my period, but it is ending. I do vest/albuterol treatments twice daily, once in the morning with Hypertonic Saline, and one at night with Pulmozyme. This happened after I did my morning treatment.
Is this normal, and should I see the doctor for this (could it be an infection?)
Someone posted earlier about this happening to them on their period, but...
diagnosed at 2 years, visit CF Clinic in Dallas, usually culture MRSA

Printer

It is VERY NORMAL. If you cough up a mouthful of blood, go to the ER where your CF Clinic is located.

Bill

katrina14

When that happen to me it was from sinuses my doctor said. I was 17 when i started coughing up blood. I did netipot and nose spray and it went away

Katrina

Im 17 and I stared coughing up blood too. But turns out i was just sick. Its funny, you do the same treatments as me!!! :) Its nice to know other people have to deal with the same thing. Its not just me, you know? Having to deal with this really sucks..

Printer

Coughing up "mothfulls" of blood is not always that serious BUT IT CAN BE VERY SERIOUS AND SHOULD BE CHECKED BY A DOCTOR.