countering side effects of prednisone/steroids

K

Keepercjr

Christian - sorry I don't have any advice about the side effects - the main side effect I get from prednisone is being hot and also insomnia (the insomnia was really bad when I was on the pill - turns out hormonal birth control can increase the blood levels of prednisone - I had to dig really hard to find that study and my docs had never heard of it).

But I did want to remind you to take probiotics and also to give your LO some probiotics as well. Steroids can increase yeast growth. Hope it makes you feel better!

K

Keepercjr

Christian - sorry I don't have any advice about the side effects - the main side effect I get from prednisone is being hot and also insomnia (the insomnia was really bad when I was on the pill - turns out hormonal birth control can increase the blood levels of prednisone - I had to dig really hard to find that study and my docs had never heard of it).

But I did want to remind you to take probiotics and also to give your LO some probiotics as well. Steroids can increase yeast growth. Hope it makes you feel better!

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

K

Keepercjr

Scarlett81

WHOA-
I didn't even think about taking the pred while BF. I need to check if its ok. I'm only on a tapered dose...24 mgs the first day-16 the next, 12 the next and so on.
The doc gives me packs to use if my vasculitis flares up and I'm so used to it that I didn't even think of it.

Scarlett81

WHOA-
I didn't even think about taking the pred while BF. I need to check if its ok. I'm only on a tapered dose...24 mgs the first day-16 the next, 12 the next and so on.
The doc gives me packs to use if my vasculitis flares up and I'm so used to it that I didn't even think of it.

Scarlett81

WHOA-

Scarlett81

WHOA-

Scarlett81

WHOA-