countering side effects of prednisone/steroids

Scarlett81

i'm starting a medrol pack. basically methylprednisolone-same as prednisone.
if you've been on it and experienced the side effects, they are really rough to handle. for me, i get awful scary dreams, i get very jumpy and anxious, and fearful.
i started today, i really have no choice.
tomorrow i am flying-worse than that, i am flying with my parents and they are high stress people. make it even worse-i am flying with the baby and without my hubby. we have never flown apart and now that i have my lo with me its even harder.

i just want to avoid a anxiety breakdown! not literally, but you know. do you guys have any tricks for handling the awful affects of this med?
any stress reducers you can suggest?

i'm cutting caffeine.

Scarlett81

if you've been on it and experienced the side effects, they are really rough to handle. for me, i get awful scary dreams, i get very jumpy and anxious, and fearful.
tomorrow i am flying-worse than that, i am flying with my parents and they are high stress people. make it even worse-i am flying with the baby and without my hubby. we have never flown apart and now that i have my lo with me its even harder.

i just want to avoid a anxiety breakdown! not literally, but you know. do you guys have any tricks for handling the awful affects of this med?

i'm cutting caffeine.

Scarlett81

i'm cutting caffeine.

Scarlett81

i'm cutting caffeine.

Scarlett81

i'm cutting caffeine.

JennifersHope

Oh Dear, I can totally relate to you I live on steroids my base dose is 30 mgs and right now for the past several weeks I am on 80 mgs.. I get jumpy and anxious as well, I get so super sensitive etc.

Part of what helps me is if the ppl around me know I am on high doses they are extra careful with my emotions... etc..

For this specific trip.. I would avoid as much stress as possible, leave plenty and I mean plenty of time for the airport.. getting there, going through security, all of that.. Keep a mantra in your head of some sort.. knowing that the anxiey is not you but just chemicals.. Take many time outs in your head.. and regroup....

Give yourself as much grace as you can, eat well, try to sleep, maybe if you can take a sleeping pill that will help, I don't know if you are nursing etc...

Just be really kind to yourself is my best advice..

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Oh Dear, I can totally relate to you I live on steroids my base dose is 30 mgs and right now for the past several weeks I am on 80 mgs.. I get jumpy and anxious as well, I get so super sensitive etc.

Part of what helps me is if the ppl around me know I am on high doses they are extra careful with my emotions... etc..

For this specific trip.. I would avoid as much stress as possible, leave plenty and I mean plenty of time for the airport.. getting there, going through security, all of that.. Keep a mantra in your head of some sort.. knowing that the anxiey is not you but just chemicals.. Take many time outs in your head.. and regroup....

Give yourself as much grace as you can, eat well, try to sleep, maybe if you can take a sleeping pill that will help, I don't know if you are nursing etc...

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

JennifersHope

Good Luck

Jennifer

wanderlost

get some chamomile tea, rescue remedy, and a hanky with some lavender oil on it. I don't know that any of these will be able to really counter the effects of the prednisone, but they can't hurt!

wanderlost

get some chamomile tea, rescue remedy, and a hanky with some lavender oil on it. I don't know that any of these will be able to really counter the effects of the prednisone, but they can't hurt!

wanderlost

wanderlost

wanderlost