Courtney

Seana30

Hi all,

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated on Courtney. I started a new job that keeps me quite busy!

Courtney has been doing well. She tried to put her size 0 jeans on yesterday and they were to tight so she is gaining the weight back! She has put on about 4 pounds since she came back here in Jan.

I have a question to ask though. Over this weekend Courtney has developed a strange rash that started on her elbows and has now started to spread to her hands, feet, legs, and some on her face. It is raised on the skin and is bright red. I assumed it is eczema (I have eczema on my hands) and figured I would get her to the doc first think Monday morning. She had a very slight fever 99.9 yesterday, and has had a stuffy nose for about a week now.

She came to me right now and said her heart was beating really fast and she felt out of breathe, but Courtney deals with panic attacks and I believe that is what this was because I was able to calm her down and get her heart rate down.

Should I be concerned?? Should I get her to the ER or wait it out till morning? I am confused on this one and am second guessing myself. Any advise??

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Hi all,

Sorry it has been so long since I have updated on Courtney. I started a new job that keeps me quite busy!

Courtney has been doing well. She tried to put her size 0 jeans on yesterday and they were to tight so she is gaining the weight back! She has put on about 4 pounds since she came back here in Jan.

I have a question to ask though. Over this weekend Courtney has developed a strange rash that started on her elbows and has now started to spread to her hands, feet, legs, and some on her face. It is raised on the skin and is bright red. I assumed it is eczema (I have eczema on my hands) and figured I would get her to the doc first think Monday morning. She had a very slight fever 99.9 yesterday, and has had a stuffy nose for about a week now.

She came to me right now and said her heart was beating really fast and she felt out of breathe, but Courtney deals with panic attacks and I believe that is what this was because I was able to calm her down and get her heart rate down.

Should I be concerned?? Should I get her to the ER or wait it out till morning? I am confused on this one and am second guessing myself. Any advise??

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Hi all,

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Hi all,

Thanks

Seana

Seana30

Hi all,
<br />
<br />Sorry it has been so long since I have updated on Courtney. I started a new job that keeps me quite busy!
<br />
<br />Courtney has been doing well. She tried to put her size 0 jeans on yesterday and they were to tight so she is gaining the weight back! She has put on about 4 pounds since she came back here in Jan.
<br />
<br />I have a question to ask though. Over this weekend Courtney has developed a strange rash that started on her elbows and has now started to spread to her hands, feet, legs, and some on her face. It is raised on the skin and is bright red. I assumed it is eczema (I have eczema on my hands) and figured I would get her to the doc first think Monday morning. She had a very slight fever 99.9 yesterday, and has had a stuffy nose for about a week now.
<br />
<br />She came to me right now and said her heart was beating really fast and she felt out of breathe, but Courtney deals with panic attacks and I believe that is what this was because I was able to calm her down and get her heart rate down.
<br />
<br />Should I be concerned?? Should I get her to the ER or wait it out till morning? I am confused on this one and am second guessing myself. Any advise??
<br />
<br />Thanks
<br />
<br />Seana

JORDYSMOM

Seana, I'm sorry Court is dealing with this. Has she started any new meds lately? Did she eat anything new? Have you changed laundry soaps, lotions, anything like that? When a rash appears on the elbows, legs, face & sometimes stomach, it is usally an allergic reaction. Jordan used to get it when he had a milk allergy.

I guess if she's not running a high temp, and her breathing is okay, I'd wait until tomorrow, because we all know how germy ERs are, but watch her throughout the night, and if it worsens, I'd go in.

Let us know what you find out.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Seana, I'm sorry Court is dealing with this. Has she started any new meds lately? Did she eat anything new? Have you changed laundry soaps, lotions, anything like that? When a rash appears on the elbows, legs, face & sometimes stomach, it is usally an allergic reaction. Jordan used to get it when he had a milk allergy.

I guess if she's not running a high temp, and her breathing is okay, I'd wait until tomorrow, because we all know how germy ERs are, but watch her throughout the night, and if it worsens, I'd go in.

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

Stacey

JORDYSMOM

<br />
<br />I guess if she's not running a high temp, and her breathing is okay, I'd wait until tomorrow, because we all know how germy ERs are, but watch her throughout the night, and if it worsens, I'd go in.
<br />
<br />Let us know what you find out.
<br />
<br />Stacey

MaksNana

Hi,
I know it's late on sunday night now. But, if it were me I would of called the CF Clinic, and go to the ER.....
You know how the doc's always ask in their questions, "has there been in rashes"? So , if it still bad tonight ,I would call at least. They may just say give her a little benadryl. And also with her running a low grade temp.
Please keep us updated on how she's doing,,,,,Karla

MaksNana

Hi,
I know it's late on sunday night now. But, if it were me I would of called the CF Clinic, and go to the ER.....
You know how the doc's always ask in their questions, "has there been in rashes"? So , if it still bad tonight ,I would call at least. They may just say give her a little benadryl. And also with her running a low grade temp.

MaksNana

Hi,

MaksNana

Hi,

MaksNana

Hi,
<br />I know it's late on sunday night now. But, if it were me I would of called the CF Clinic, and go to the ER.....
<br />You know how the doc's always ask in their questions, "has there been in rashes"? So , if it still bad tonight ,I would call at least. They may just say give her a little benadryl. And also with her running a low grade temp.
<br />Please keep us updated on how she's doing,,,,,Karla

Seana30

Stacey and Karla,

Thank you so much for the advice!

Took Courtney to the doc this morning. It was a strange appointment! We had 4 doctors in the room trying to figure out what the rash is. They finally decided it is a virus, and just gave her a steriod cream.

I was not feeling real confident with their answers and made sure to ask them if they felt this was at all related to her CF, but they all felt it is not.

If she is not doing better by next week I will take her back in.

Thanks again!

Seana

Seana30

Stacey and Karla,

Took Courtney to the doc this morning. It was a strange appointment! We had 4 doctors in the room trying to figure out what the rash is. They finally decided it is a virus, and just gave her a steriod cream.

I was not feeling real confident with their answers and made sure to ask them if they felt this was at all related to her CF, but they all felt it is not.

Thanks again!

Seana

Seana30

Stacey and Karla,

Thanks again!

Seana

Seana30

Stacey and Karla,

Thanks again!

Seana

Seana30

Stacey and Karla,
<br />
<br />Thank you so much for the advice!
<br />
<br />Took Courtney to the doc this morning. It was a strange appointment! We had 4 doctors in the room trying to figure out what the rash is. They finally decided it is a virus, and just gave her a steriod cream.
<br />
<br />I was not feeling real confident with their answers and made sure to ask them if they felt this was at all related to her CF, but they all felt it is not.
<br />
<br />If she is not doing better by next week I will take her back in.
<br />
<br />Thanks again!
<br />
<br />Seana