Covid19 vaccine and CF

Simba15

Hi All, my understanding is that we all fall into a class of CF. (see pic). Any idea how covid19 will react in CFers? The vaccine works on RNA not DNA according to this article and if i am reading it right. Any scientific geeky people here to explain this? Thank you!

article here

Attachments

• 424fig1.jpg
    424fig1.jpg
    113.6 KB · Views: 5

jimcaldwell

Administrator
I think it should be fine. I don't see anything that requires a CFTR protein being involved in the vaccine, so I would think it should work on CF people the same way as non-CF people.

Simba15

I think it should be fine. I don't see anything that requires a CFTR protein being involved in the vaccine, so I would think it should work on CF people the same way as non-CF people.
Thank you. Can you explain mNRA? I am wondering how that is different from DNA.

Simba15

Last edited by a moderator:

brutuscz

Hi I’m 63 and got both shots of the moderna vaccine already. That’s because I’m a doctor. I researched everything and spoke to my CF team and was absolutely told to go for it so I did! First shot just sore arm and muscle ache. Second shot fever 101, aches body and head, felt like flu. For three days felt lousy. Woke up fourth day fine. mRNA is different than DNA. Don’t be afraid to get shot it is a relief and brings us one step closer to having a life. I got Covid last year I almost died. My Fev1 is 30 percent prior to that I was at 40 percent. This virus is no joke. I’m just happy to be here and advocate for the vaccine! Good luck!

Simba15

Hi I’m 63 and got both shots of the moderna vaccine already. That’s because I’m a doctor. I researched everything and spoke to my CF team and was absolutely told to go for it so I did! First shot just sore arm and muscle ache. Second shot fever 101, aches body and head, felt like flu. For three days felt lousy. Woke up fourth day fine. mRNA is different than DNA. Don’t be afraid to get shot it is a relief and brings us one step closer to having a life. I got Covid last year I almost died. My Fev1 is 30 percent prior to that I was at 40 percent. This virus is no joke. I’m just happy to be here and advocate for the vaccine! Good luck!
Thanks for your reply. I got my first shot of Moderna after speaking to a cellular molecular biologist. No doctor could answer the question I posed at the top of this thread. I had chills and was fine. Five days after felt like I got hit by a bus and brain fog. Then was fine. Second shot on Saturday and a little nervous.

brutuscz

You will probably fell unwell for day or two but u will get through it. Having the vaccine will protect u that even if u got Covid u will survive it. Good luck and from someone whose been there you can do this. Remember being a cystic we have so many battles this will be ok!

Fibro7

I was told by my CF doctor that I was crazy for not getting the experimental vaccine and when I told him I was uneasy with the amount of political censorship on the subject, he told me that it was right to censor those who disagree with him on the subject and no amount of impressive credentials or experience on their part should alter that policy.

This as well as many other things have me taking a pass on just about anything the medical community has to say at this point. I pretty much just keep up the relationship to get certain meds I can’t live without. That doesn't make them right about everything though.

I have have seen first hand several of my friends and my wife recover very quickly from this years Flu with alternate treatment protocols such as Ivermectin including many country and statewide studies and even have experienced providers wiling to prescribe it and still the censorship continues to everyone’s detriment.

The whole conversation is so political and I would love CF resources that could help me get the care I need without the liberal political agenda.

Last edited:
Countries should continue to strive to vaccinate at least 70% of their populations, with a focus on vaccinating 100% of health workers and 100% of the most vulnerable groups, such as people over 60 and those who are immunocompromised or have underlying health conditions.

Regards,
Rentez