Curcumin

regina65

I was but now just taking oil of oregano and pharmanac. They both help with the inflammation a lot as good as steroids for me.

kmhbeauty

How are you taking these? What have you noticed a difference with? I want to really start focusing on some anti-inflammation natural stuff. I randomly coughed up some blood the other day and it really freaked me out. I have not done this in about 5 years. I feel completely fine, not sick at all. Ive been getting some minor joint pain so Im thinking its something to do with inflammation.

regina65

Thank you so much for your reply! How long did you try curcumin, how many grams per day did you take?

I took it for a month .I cant remember what the grams were on the bottle , but i took 2 to 3 a day . I got my pharmanac in and it was enough. I was breathing great until I got a cold . I tolerated it with the help of the oil of oregano and the pharmanac. One of those or both is helping with my constipation. But I am on levaquin and doxycycline now because the bacteria and the mucus are plentiful. I have cenocepacia , B cepacia complex, MRSA. So those 3 cause a lot of inflammation.

regina65

How are you taking these? What have you noticed a difference with? I want to really start focusing on some anti-inflammation natural stuff. I randomly coughed up some blood the other day and it really freaked me out. I have not done this in about 5 years. I feel completely fine, not sick at all. Ive been getting some minor joint pain so Im thinking its something to do with inflammation.

I take the pharmaNAC in a small cup of water . The oil of oregano are in gel caps from the health food store. (now brand). I have found that taking the oil of oregano before my meal keeps me from tasting it all day. My lung function is 40 and I couldn't really breathe deep enough during walking or housework but now I can as long as I take those 2 . The pharmaNAC helps me cough the mucus up better . It may be that it reduces the inflammation so I can cough it up. Inflammation is what causes me to have streaks of blood in my sputum. I was really amazed and more hopeful than i was that maybe I will make it till the new drug for dd508 comes out.

My son is just starting to take NAC now. I'm excited to see if there's any results. We've added a few nutrition stuff in after the last hospitalization showed low mineral levels. Adding some flax seed oil daily helps with GI stuff, but I've really noticed his dry skin (cracked hands, feet, horridly thick/rough elbows & knees) are getting better within just a couple of weeks. Also taking iron, Vit D, zinc with usual CF vitamins. One other plus? Using epsom salts in baths. This helps aches & pains and is supposed to help him absorb magnesium too. not sure if it's doing anything to his mineral levels, but does seem to ease pain and make nights easier.

kmhbeauty

I take the pharmaNAC in a small cup of water . The oil of oregano are in gel caps from the health food store. (now brand). I have found that taking the oil of oregano before my meal keeps me from tasting it all day. My lung function is 40 and I couldn't really breathe deep enough during walking or housework but now I can as long as I take those 2 . The pharmaNAC helps me cough the mucus up better . It may be that it reduces the inflammation so I can cough it up. Inflammation is what causes me to have streaks of blood in my sputum. I was really amazed and more hopeful than i was that maybe I will make it till the new drug for dd508 comes out.
I am going to try the oil of oregano, thank you for the advice. Have you tried turmeric? Its great for inflammation! I just started putting it in my nutribullet along with oranges and other fruits and veggies that are high in vitamin C. Look into the nutribullet, it has helped me so much. I have gotten rid of my tonsil stones and it helps me get through the work week. I work as a cocktail server at a winery and it can be really draining. I really think the nutribullet is the only thing getting me through the week. There is no maybe you will make it until the new drug comes out, you will make it! The natural remedies do help! I wish you the best! I am ddf508 also, looking forward to the day the drug comes out for us :)

baseballfrank

How do you take each of those? Curcumin, oil of oregeno, and pharmanac? I struggle with inflammation and I am diabetic so I hate having to jump on steroids.

Curcumin is what is in Turmeric!
See this article info:http://www.touchrespiratory.com/art...urcumin-s-controversial-role-therapy?page=0,1[h=1]Bench to Bedside for Curcuma longa L in Cystic Fibrosis— Curcumin’s Controversial Role as Therapy[/h]
David Henke
US Respiratory Disease, 2008;4(2):76-8
Here is a paragraph fom article

Results

CF symptoms decreased with the use of curcumin in both patients. Dyspnea, hemoptysis, refractory abdominal symptoms, and the need for IV antibiotics markedly improved in the patient with homozygous ΔF508 CFTR. The objective improvement in this patient is most readily demonstrated by avoiding the need for IV antibiotics for 792 days while taking curcumin orally after requiring 104 days of IV antibiotics the year before. No adverse effects were reported by either patient taking curcumin 3.6–8gm/day for three years. Curcumin root appears to contain the active compound because curcumin products without it did not control CF symptoms.

regina65

How do you take each of those? Curcumin, oil of oregeno, and pharmanac? I struggle with inflammation and I am diabetic so I hate having to jump on steroids.

I am going to start the tumeric again, but the oil of oregano I take 2 to 3 capsules 3 x a day, I also take the pharmanac 3 x a day. I also took the tumeric 3 times a day .I know what youre saying about the steroids , I have CFRD too

Curcumin supplements. Up to 8 grams per day in studies, divided into 3 doses a day with meals. Supplement must contain 95 % turmeric root and bioperine for best absorption.

knowitall

Banned
8 grams is WAY TOO MUCH. You are going to cause Fibrosis of the abdomen over time. Also stop screwing around with bioperine. You talk like you read a bunch of labels and are regurgitating information. Don't take offense to my attitude because there isn't one I just have an odd way of helping. Get Phytosome Curcumin with Meriva. The Phytosomes go right into the cells and you don't have to mess with such huge doses. It is absorbed 100x better than any supp w/ bioperine. It also has a sustained release. If you are using 8g of traditional start with 2g of phytosome curcumin, oh and btw it is cheaper in most cases. Doctors best or NOW Foods makes good phytosome curcumin.

shellbell

Ocean Avenue products

Anyone currently taking curcumin?

This is so ironic because I just started taking a line of products by Ocean Avenue. It is a MLM company but I just buy direct. I learned about them and two products that are NAC (precursor for Glutathione). Once called Whey beyond and a product called Empower which is a Curcumin/Turmeric product. I have been on it going on two months and I can feel the difference in my breathing. I have taken a Glutathione product for close to three years. Believe in both!

epicurus

Hi, Curcumin is an ingredient in the natural supplement I take. Cellgevity is a natural anti-inflammatory that helps to increase the body's production of glutathione which decreases inflammation. I used to struggle with inflammation but my health has radically improved since starting this supplement last year. My lung function has increased too and is now higher than when I was in my twenties!
You can read about glutathione, curcumin and Cellgevity at www.Glutathione4CF.com I hope this may help others too.

Thanks knowitall!! I hadn't heard of the phytosome curcumin! Will definitely switch! So glad I posted and you responded with that info! Do you take it and what are your results?

D

dyzaman

take a look at the archive here, there was somone who posted frequently about this, if memory serves me correct, it may have been by 'Faust' (username, but he may have changed his username at one point, it was about 5 years ago now)